Why Do You Believe The Media And Keep Posting Their Links?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    No wonder they call you guys sheep, don't have any kahoonas to stand up and tell us why you believe the media you post? Just disgusting that members of a gun forum are so weak they cannot verbally back up what they believe.

Not one of those that regularly post the mockingbird MSM propaganda on politics, covid, (sorry to be redundant) was willing to explain why they believe them.

BTW I am skeptical of all media. Been burned by conservative media too, and just posting does not mean you believe it but it does if you post it to defend a position. Many here will not believe something unless they see it in the MSM...

So back it up, tell us why you believe them...
    Strident, it's not just for chewing gum anymore

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You are aware who maintains a searchable database on 'gun violence' statistics, yes?

Can you not think of a reason centered on that to post a link to an MSM source? Not EVERYTHING they post is made up of whole cloth, and sometimes useful information is available from them although they may try to spin the meaning. I try to find .gov sources first for economic stuff, not because I see them as free from bias and error but to short circuit some of the usual INGO objections about sources. I don't particularly like Forbes' agenda but they sometimes have gathered useful information.

I post almost nothing from NYT and WaPo because they are so transparently our version of Pravda, but sometimes it is useful to use such to illustrate mainstream spin relative to actual events or show them all reading from the same talking points. I AM suspicious of someone who posts content from them that is behind a paywall, because I look askance at anyone who would actually have a paid subscription to either

I read your rants and must confess to curiosity about whether this is some spiteful reaction to many on INGO not wanting to accept Gateway Pundit as a viable source. If that is the purpose and anger has little or no role in this, you are going about it wrong. If it is less calculated, your targeting algorithm sucks

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Bug,

My thread and posts are more about the politicized issues like the virus, its ancillary collieries, and the election. I believe the NYT reports on what the Dow closed at. I can clearly see who is in the tank on this stuff yet expressed conservatives here cite and believe those that are proven liars like they have credibility in these matters...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I also genuinely want to understand the thinking that believes sources that have been so discredited on the topics. For example if NBC reported a story about an unsafe vehicle I would not believe them, ever unless corroborated by other reputable sources,,,

Top Bottom