• ...and so much more!
  • Mark106

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2020
    Terre Haute
    Additional weirdness report from Terre Haute:
    I cruised into the Academy out of boredom this evening and chatted with a couple of the young employees up at the front. Nice kids.
    They mentioned they had ammo coming in for the morning ... and people have been showing up at -- wait for it -- 4:30 in the morning to line up on ammo days.
    4:30 in the flippin' morning! Yeah, I'm going to take a pass on that. Nothing I need that badly, nor am I a reseller.
    Also, checked the gun stock: Zero handguns in stock and a total of 10 long guns. Kid at the gun counter said if they get 10 to 20 handguns in, 80 to 90 percent go out that day and the remainder will get sold the next morning.
    Dang ... getting a wee bit tense out there, eh?

medcoxo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Indy, Westside
    Guy at the range today had a 50 round box of Winchester 115 grain, with a Galyan's price tag, 8.99. Even more interesting was that it had 5 'bonus' rounds of 147 grain SXT.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Feeling pretty lucky right now. Lack of primers and pistol bullets had me hung up. I stumbled onto some primers from a guy on another forum last week. LP, SP, & SR at pre-lunacy prices. 1000 LP, 1000 SR, and 1200 SP for $60 total. Guy said he didn't need 'em and the LP primes were given to him so he just "threw them in". My BIL loads .45 so the LP went to him. Then, Saturday AM, I picked up 2000 9mm bullets and 500 .40 cal bullets at Hoosier Bullets in Trafalgar. Good guy there!

There are people who won't gouge you but they're hard to find.

Top Bottom