Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Who needs a dually? truck? ;)
    (some of you will get that)

The Chrysler minivans with fold down seats can handle 4'x8' sheets of _________. Needed a sheet of drywall this morning so rather than take my pickup with a 6 1/2' bed, I grabbed the family hauler and headed to Menards. Folded all of the seat into the floor and slipped it right in.

PXL_20210622_134436033.jpg

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I've had 2 Chrysler minivans and 1 Chevrolet- Minivans are great vehicles.

However, my wife prefers if I keep the home improvement to the truck.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Ok. I see what you did there but let’s get all the sheating for the roof.
    1 or 3 sheets yes. Any more and it’s a push.
    What??? You’ve never seen a trailer hitch on a minivan?? Greatest morning at Menards... watched the high school kid on a forklift put a whole stack of OSB on a trailer being pulled by a minivan. And yes... the driver was a Hispanic individual .

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    What??? You’ve never seen a trailer hitch on a minivan?? Greatest morning at Menards... watched the high school kid on a forklift put a whole stack of OSB on a trailer being pulled by a minivan. And yes... the driver was a Hispanic individual .
    To be fair, my old Astro (and come to think of it my newer Traverse) have towing capacities of upwards of 5000 lb...

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    My Dodge minivan's towing cap. is 3600 pounds. Yes, I put a hitch on it. I like putting a few 2x4s on the floor to aid in sliding the first 2 sheets in.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    You're not lying. I priced some treated 4x4x10's holy moly $25 a piece. :runaway::wow:

I knew a guy that travelled doing trim carpentry and he always used a minivan to work out of.
    The Astro was built on a Chevy S-10 frame, and the Aerostar I believe was on a Ranger frame, so they were pretty good light/medium duty trucks.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    My 09 T&C you have to put 8' stuff up on the center console. it's a good 8-10 inches short. My old Previa could fit 8 foot sticks of lumber under the bench seats.

My Subaru does well for itself but I'm still looking for a new truck. I broke this trailer and rebuilt it 10x stronger but still just need something bigger sometimes. You can tow with a minivan but I've run into traction issues before. Especially pulling out of the HHRP range fully laden, both over the creek and onto 46 are gravel and steep in a bad way for wrong-wheel-drive. 20180518_111943s.jpg

The Astro was built on a Chevy S-10 frame, and the Aerostar I believe was on a Ranger frame, so they were pretty good light/medium duty trucks.
    Astro was not identical but close enough. The Aerostar was unibody.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    My 09 T&C you have to put 8' stuff up on the center console. it's a good 8-10 inches short. My old Previa could fit 8 foot sticks of lumber under the bench seats.

My Subaru does well for itself but I'm still looking for a new truck. I broke this trailer and rebuilt it 10x stronger but still just need something bigger sometimes. You can tow with a minivan but I've run into traction issues before. Especially pulling out of the HHRP range fully laden, both over the creek and onto 46 are gravel and steep in a bad way for wrong-wheel-drive. View attachment 144921

Astro was not identical but close enough. The Aerostar was unibody.
    Ok, never owned a Ford anything, so didn’t know.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Why the heck did Chrysler create the best folding seat system? Their vans are versatile and roomy. The Ram CV version could carry 1 ton of cargo. Most folks I know who have had one or own one love/hate them.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    I have always had a truck. Last go round I decided I'm gonna try a car for awhile.Now Everytime I need something more than groceries I kick myself for not having a truck...Or at least a minivan.

Top Bottom