• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I've also dug into that and found the same to be true. Simple fact is that when the enemy is mixed into the populace and hides in the mountains when they're not, it's hard to really know.

I can tell you I've listened to Marcus Lutrell's podcast enough that he is a sh***y actor. So, what he believes happened, I accept as the truth.

As to his character, here he is chasing after someone that just killed his dog, which I believe was his PTSD dog.

I have faith that he's legit.

I have no doubt he’s legit. I think he’s changed the numbers a few times himself. i doubt he was too concerned about getting the number right at the time with what he was dealing with. He said though in a recent podcast that the final battle never happened like in the movie. Which is a shame because I don’t think the movie needed to fake anything. The true story was more than worthy without the added Hollywood parts.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I have no doubt he’s legit. I think he’s changed the numbers a few times himself. i doubt he was too concerned about getting the number right at the time with what he was dealing with. He said though in a recent podcast that the final battle never happened like in the movie. Which is a shame because I don’t think the movie needed to fake anything. The true story was more than worthy without the added Hollywood parts.

I've heard him explain what really happened a few times and his story was worse. I believe some of it was too gruesome for the movie. Specially I mention him saying one of his teammates had his eyes completely blow out of is head. As in, gone. The movie, he's just "blinded".

I do know that he's had the man that saved him over here for visits a couple of times and has tried to get him to move his family over, but he refuses. Lutrell seems to be a class act.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Interesting you bring that up. I fell into a rabbit hole about Operation Red Wings (lone survivor) the number of enemy fighters have been reported to have been as low as i think 10 to as high as 200.

The chopper that crashed was, I believe, from the unit in Shelbyville. My wife worked with one of the air crew's sister.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    warning Tin foil area

heard from a contact after many drinks in a possible branch anonymously that the Air Force drone got him years before 2003-5 ish. They kept him “alive” for the war...

I don’t know. And don’t really care.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I remember years ago this article about OBL

General Tommy Franks, the military commander in the US campaign in Afghanistan, said he had received no intelligence to confirm or deny Gen Musharraf's claims.

DEAIV

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2021
    Southwest Indy
    I remember years ago this article about OBL

General Tommy Franks, the military commander in the US campaign in Afghanistan, said he had received no intelligence to confirm or deny Gen Musharraf's claims.
    I read about that. I find it hard to trust Pakistan lol

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    I’m very open minded and like to think about all possible outcomes, I’m down with a ton of popular conspiracies. But the Bin Laden one is one I can’t get behind. I don’t believe he wasn’t eliminated that night, but I’m also somewhat ignorant to the subject
    The military and all branches of the government are so compartmentalized the six would never know if they took down a fake based on manufactured intelligence.. this is not a slam on them, even the top brass is told "you don't need to know" . I don't think their was ever a true established chain of custody of genetic identifiers so really there is no way to know if he was the real bin Laden or not

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    So for the past couple months I've been obsessing over the war on terror, post 9/11 operations, special forces, and especially Operation Neptune Spear. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks about this, but I'm curious who really fired the shots that ended UBLs life. Robert O'Neills account sounds true, but he's rather arrogant and a not-very humble guy who sounds like he may create a story for personal gain. There are opposing views, mainly coming from Matt Bissonnette who was one of 3 operators on the 3rd floor that night. Did Bissonnette fire those shots? To those of you who might be into this stuff, what do you think? Would love to hear other opinions.

I always figured the goat humper was dead and in a freezer long before May 11 being held for a headline story diversion.

I don't know who killed the goat humper but I am sure it was not hussein.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Why does anyone think he is dead? Never been any evidence produced to support this assassination. (and it was an assassination, which according to international law is illegal).

If he is really dead, where's the proof? And if he is really dead, let the international court trials commence!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Why does anyone think he is dead? Never been any evidence produced to support this assassination. (and it was an assassination, which according to international law is illegal).

If he is really dead, where's the proof? And if he is really dead, let the international court trials commence!
    I don't know how it would be an assassination. He was an enemy combatant.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    So for the past couple months I've been obsessing over the war on terror, post 9/11 operations, special forces, and especially Operation Neptune Spear. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks about this, but I'm curious who really fired the shots that ended UBLs life. Robert O'Neills account sounds true, but he's rather arrogant and a not-very humble guy who sounds like he may create a story for personal gain. There are opposing views, mainly coming from Matt Bissonnette who was one of 3 operators on the 3rd floor that night. Did Bissonnette fire those shots? To those of you who might be into this stuff, what do you think? Would love to hear other opinions.

My brother in law's company hired one of them for awhile. He was not the shooter but was one of the guys right there. From my B in law's description, this guy was a humble guy. He watched UBL take the bullets and said he died pretty much instantly, making a fine mess of his brain. He said UBL put up no fight, nor did he attempt to, and he said he did not try to use one of his wives as a human shield as the press and/or White House had claimed. Of course, they were'nt going to give him the chance, and fired immediately upon the door getting kicked or blown open. He said UBL appeared to have pushed her away right before they came in because she was distraught and knew he was going to get it, so she tried to shield or grab him. They heard his sons die in the stairway on the way up, according to his account, and UBL and his wife or wives who were with him all knew he was a dead man. He said he was not armed and standing there looking at them when they burst in and killed him. There was a loaded AK leaning against a wall. He said it didn't look like UBL even thought about grabbing it.

That's basically what he told me other than some interesting stuff about the 5.56 cartridge and basic weapon stuff that is no secret. So that's about all I got, but I'll ask my bro in law if there was more. The guy was also present, but not a shooter, when the SEALs killed the Somali pirates holding Captain Phillips. He had some interesting stuff to say about the shots they made. In summary, they were pretty close, and they had multiple rifles on each pirate, to be sure they had good hits and to make sure that rounds scored even if the first was deflected by the thick cockpit glass. He said that life boat had a similar mess in it to UBL's room, although worse. Again, he said they'd love the world to think it was one rifle per pirate and just perfect shots, without mentioning the insurance policy of the additional rifles.

That's all I've got, but it sounds pretty reasonable and believeable, to me.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    From the beginning I've always believed that Pakistan intelligence sold him to the US after whatever usefulness he had to them expired. I also believe that Pakistan as the initiator of the operation, they collect cash from the deal and get rid of what had become a potential embarrassment. Why they kept him around as long as they did is a mystery, but someone in the government must have seen value somewhere.

DEAIV

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2021
    Southwest Indy
    My brother in law's company hired one of them for awhile. He was not the shooter but was one of the guys right there. From my B in law's description, this guy was a humble guy. He watched UBL take the bullets and said he died pretty much instantly, making a fine mess of his brain. He said UBL put up no fight, nor did he attempt to, and he said he did not try to use one of his wives as a human shield as the press and/or White House had claimed. Of course, they were'nt going to give him the chance, and fired immediately upon the door getting kicked or blown open. He said UBL appeared to have pushed her away right before they came in because she was distraught and knew he was going to get it, so she tried to shield or grab him. They heard his sons die in the stairway on the way up, according to his account, and UBL and his wife or wives who were with him all knew he was a dead man. He said he was not armed and standing there looking at them when they burst in and killed him. There was a loaded AK leaning against a wall. He said it didn't look like UBL even thought about grabbing it.

That's basically what he told me other than some interesting stuff about the 5.56 cartridge and basic weapon stuff that is no secret. So that's about all I got, but I'll ask my bro in law if there was more. The guy was also present, but not a shooter, when the SEALs killed the Somali pirates holding Captain Phillips. He had some interesting stuff to say about the shots they made. In summary, they were pretty close, and they had multiple rifles on each pirate, to be sure they had good hits and to make sure that rounds scored even if the first was deflected by the thick cockpit glass. He said that life boat had a similar mess in it to UBL's room, although worse. Again, he said they'd love the world to think it was one rifle per pirate and just perfect shots, without mentioning the insurance policy of the additional rifles.

That's all I've got, but it sounds pretty reasonable and believeable, to me.
    Thats awesome! Thanks for sharing!

DEAIV

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2021
    Southwest Indy
    I say the Team did it, not an individual. There is no I in Team. I am a Navy veteran, I have been a Govt contractor, and I am a current DOD Civ. Leave it at the team.....

Safer for all involved....
    Like I said above I totally agree. It was the team that did it. There was so much more to the operation than just the shooter. America did it. But I can’t help thinking about the very small, pointless, irrelevant details. Was just curious of others opinions

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You got it all wrong! Our Great Leader Obama put down his golf clubs, flew with the team, and killed UBL all by his lonesome.

Top Bottom