• ...and so much more!
  • SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    The night when the news broke about the death of UBL, I was driving throught the night on a road trip. Listened to the radio for several hours as the details of the take-down unfolded. One of those events that gets embedded into your soul, as you experience it.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    This won't be popular around here, but I don't really care. Much as I disagreed with Obama on just about everything, I applauded him for the decision to approve the raid and still do. It was a good call with a good outcome, IMO. I'm glad UBL's carcass was sent to Davy Jone's locker, too, where it can't be worshiped or turned into a shrine or a Weekend at Bernie's kind of deal like Vladimir Lenin's.

Specialized

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 97.8%
    87   2   1
    Jan 26, 2011
    Highland, IN
    Nobody seems to be trying to find O'Neill, first of all, the guy is going around doing interviews to anyone that'll listen, with full government approval, with no more cover or protection than a stock black Suburban. I find it impossible to believe that if OBL had been killed, the pics wouldn't have leaked by now. Contrary to what we would like to believe, countries don't kill people for revenge, they kill for interests, and by the time the OBL incident was purported to have happened there was no more compelling reason to pursue an already-marginalized character anymore. For that matter, if you believe the story, he was living indoors, within a tightly-closed compound, with a bunch of his wives. What fresh hell could we have possibly visited upon that situation that would have made it worse for him?

Nobody I can find in the military or intelligence communities seems to have any information or back story on the trip, the details, the aftermath, etc, from this supposed raid. The SF planners and logistics people seem to have no recollection of it. I truly don't think it happened, other than a story to get the country over the memory of 9/11 and put it to rest. Just the lack of curiosity alone is telling.

Top Bottom