• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DEAIV

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2021
    Southwest Indy
    So for the past couple months I've been obsessing over the war on terror, post 9/11 operations, special forces, and especially Operation Neptune Spear. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks about this, but I'm curious who really fired the shots that ended UBLs life. Robert O'Neills account sounds true, but he's rather arrogant and a not-very humble guy who sounds like he may create a story for personal gain. There are opposing views, mainly coming from Matt Bissonnette who was one of 3 operators on the 3rd floor that night. Did Bissonnette fire those shots? To those of you who might be into this stuff, what do you think? Would love to hear other opinions.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Without stepping into conspiracy territory, I'll say that it seems a lot of the retired SOF community comes off as a bit arrogant, because they are. They're the most alpha of the alphas. Tons of those guys write books, go on speaking tours, etc to earn their living when they leave the service. The larger of a figure they appear, the more successful they will be, so being arrogant is a bit of a selling point.

I don't fault or begrudge the guys that go that way for it either. We ask a lot of those guys and most of them burn their youth up on a job that not many of us could do or would want to.

As far as O'Neill, he's made himself one of the most wanted men on Earth and he's spoken a reasonable amount about the psychological impact that's had. It's entirely possible, and likely, that he's extra alpha so that damage doesn't come through. Again, I don't blame him.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Does it really matter anyway to know who exactly pulled the trigger?

It's a group effort involving a bunch of dudes who tracked the POS for a decade.

All branches of the US military were involved, plus a bunch of folks from the intelligence community (including foreign agencies).

A bunch of them are true "quiet professionals" (so not Navy Seals with book deals) and they are not going to divulge information.

America killed Bin Laden, not a specific soldier. :patriot:

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Without stepping into conspiracy territory, I'll say that it seems a lot of the retired SOF community comes off as a bit arrogant, because they are. They're the most alpha of the alphas. Tons of those guys write books, go on speaking tours, etc to earn their living when they leave the service. The larger of a figure they appear, the more successful they will be, so being arrogant is a bit of a selling point.

I don't fault or begrudge the guys that go that way for it either. We ask a lot of those guys and most of them burn their youth up on a job that not many of us could do or would want to.

As far as O'Neill, he's made himself one of the most wanted men on Earth and he's spoken a reasonable amount about the psychological impact that's had. It's entirely possible, and likely, that he's extra alpha so that damage doesn't come through. Again, I don't blame him.
    With out going into details there are cost sometimes more than you bargained for so yeah arrogance can be a defense mechanism.

DEAIV

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2021
    Southwest Indy

I don’t blame him either. I don’t fault him a bit for being arrogant, I think he’s entitled to it as are the rest of the elite warriors we hear about. It’s just hard for me to trust him 100% with that attitude(I’m at like 99.2% lol)

DEAIV

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2021
    Southwest Indy
    Does it really matter anyway to know who exactly pulled the trigger?

It's a group effort involving a bunch of dudes who tracked the POS for a decade.

All branches of the US military were involved, plus a bunch of folks from the intelligence community (including foreign agencies).

A bunch of them are true "quiet professionals" (so not Navy Seals with book deals) and they are not going to divulge information.

America killed Bin Laden, not a specific soldier. :patriot:
    I couldn’t agree more. They all took him out. I just like to think about the small details that are absolutely pointless. Like you said, it doesn’t matter who pulled the trigger, it’s just hard for me not think about it you know. America killed Bin Laden:patriot:

DEAIV

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2021
    Southwest Indy
    Most likely he was never killed.. the most likely scenario is the treasonous Obama made a deal with him and it led to the extremely large cash payment to Iran and Obama is living a private wealthy life somewhere
    I’m very open minded and like to think about all possible outcomes, I’m down with a ton of popular conspiracies. But the Bin Laden one is one I can’t get behind. I don’t believe he wasn’t eliminated that night, but I’m also somewhat ignorant to the subject

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I don’t blame him either. I don’t fault him a bit for being arrogant, I think he’s entitled to it as are the rest of the elite warriors we hear about. It’s just hard for me to trust him 100% with that attitude(I’m at like 99.2% lol)

I mean this with no disrespect to anyone, but I wouldn't trust any trained, professional, assassin even close to 90%. We hand select and train those guys because they have the flexibility required for the job.

That said... I have reasonable faith that O'Neill is telling the truth. All of the high profile guys always end up with someone on the other side of the coin who has a different story to tell and I haven't heard one that makes me doubt him.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    It's his birthday to boot... Great timing on this thread. :lmfao:
    Lol I didn’t even notice that. I believe he’s telling the truth, way too much attention to get by with a lie on that.

Besides it wasn’t just the bullet. It was years of people’s work and dedication. As syv said, America killed him. But. It was O’Neil for the op’s question.

USA! USA! USA!

DEAIV

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2021
    Southwest Indy
    I mean this with no disrespect to anyone, but I wouldn't trust any trained, professional, assassin even close to 90%. We hand select and train those guys because they have the flexibility required for the job.

That said... I have reasonable faith that O'Neill is telling the truth. All of the high profile guys always end up with someone on the other side of the coin who has a different story to tell and I haven't heard one that makes me doubt him.
    I couldn’t agree more. I have faith he’s telling the truth

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Hot take: The conflicting books and narratives were a psyop from the beginning to obfuscate the truth about the shooter.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010

Interesting you bring that up. I fell into a rabbit hole about Operation Red Wings (lone survivor) the number of enemy fighters have been reported to have been as low as i think 10 to as high as 200.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Interesting you bring that up. I fell into a rabbit hole about Operation Red Wings (lone survivor) the number of enemy fighters have been reported to have been as low as i think 10 to as high as 200.

I've also dug into that and found the same to be true. Simple fact is that when the enemy is mixed into the populace and hides in the mountains when they're not, it's hard to really know.

I can tell you I've listened to Marcus Lutrell's podcast enough that he is a sh***y actor. So, what he believes happened, I accept as the truth.

As to his character, here he is chasing after someone that just killed his dog, which I believe was his PTSD dog.

I have faith that he's legit.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom