• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JRR85

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    NWI
    I have a Browning 1886 with the 26'' octagon barrel. It came with the original box. I watched gunbroker for a year waiting to get a “deal.” Still paid a pretty penny. It’s a beautiful rifle, and a pleasure to shoot.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I have an older 1895 I enjoy quite a bit. Still curious of the best cure for the loading gate slicing me up.

I knocked the edge off but it still cuts you every now and then.

Have some FFL friends on the hunt for me to find a baikal 45-70 side by side rifle. I don't think they've been imported for a bit, but that'd be a massively fun firearm.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    I have an older 1895 I enjoy quite a bit. Still curious of the best cure for the loading gate slicing me up.

I knocked the edge off but it still cuts you every now and then.

Have some FFL friends on the hunt for me to find a baikal 45-70 side by side rifle. I don't think they've been imported for a bit, but that'd be a massively fun firearm.

What kinds gun does this?

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I really, really want, er need, a .45-70. I just can’t make up my mind between a lever action gun or a single shot of some type/brand.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Loading gates on anything can sometimes bite your fingers. I use a short dowel these days. Lightnings can be a problem if you don't get cartridge well past the gate so the dowel comes in handy.

It's not that it bites me, it's the the receiver is kind of sharp, so when you overcome the loading gate, you're jamming your finger into a very sharp edge.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    It's not that it bites me, it's the the receiver is kind of sharp, so when you overcome the loading gate, you're jamming your finger into a very sharp edge.

Done that this year with my Marlin 1895G. Luckily I had some bandages in the truck or i may have had to go back home. That sucker was bleeding....

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Done that this year with my Marlin 1895G. Luckily I had some bandages in the truck or i may have had to go back home. That sucker was bleeding....

Wow. this really interest me. Never have witnessed this however I will admit that I have only played with real Marlins and Winchesters.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Wow. this really interest me. Never have witnessed this however I will admit that I have only played with real Marlins and Winchesters.

Mine is a 1999 JM marked gun.

Also, it isn't winchester you're thinking of. It's remington. People call post JM marlins, remlins.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    I have 4 JM Marlins, sold one LTDV JM Marlin 45-70. What are "real" Marlins??

I have grandpa's 1894 Marlin, made in 1894, in 38-40, is that one???

Don

Top Bottom