Who here has used his gun to fend off an attack?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Air Force. They don’t exactly spend a ton of time on the ground at the front lines.
    When my son went through BMT, they had one session with the M16. It was after some gas training and they had to wear their gas masks to shoot their qualifications. My son said his mask fogged up in the San Antonio heat and he couldn't see. He didn't earn his Marksman standard and that was it. There was no more firearms training for the airmen.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    The trolling seems to be a version of the argument that “guns are never really used for self-defense”.

Patent nonsense but there you go.

I like to refer to the white paper by Clayton Cramer and David Burnett, where they surveyed nearly 5000 newspaper articles about citizens using firearms and self-defense. Creamer and Burnett Producers in direct response to a certain professors claim that guns are actually never use self-defense by citizens. Very much worth the read.

Clayton Cramer is the amateur historian – – and I mean amateur in the sense that it is his passion and avocation— who first documented the falsehoods and shoddy scholarship in the Belliles fiasco. Cramer’s writings were also footnoted in the Heller decision.

Last edited:

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    I had someone try to steal my car in January and used a firearm to stop it.

My AR was still in the backpack next to me though, but I thought about taking it out before the guy came up to me as I knew he was coming to give me some kind of trouble.

So no AR saved me, you're right OP, let's ban them all I guess.

Top Bottom