• ...and so much more!
  • TrueSeanamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2021
    Indiana
    Thinking about having a barrel shortened and threaded on a Chinese RPK
    for a suppressor mount for my can. Anyone have a smith in mind?
    Good lord. Please sell the RPK and buy a mak 90 if you want a shorter gun to thread for a suppressor. We aren’t going to be seeing any more
    Of these things so please don’t chop up the ones we do have. Especially RPK’s which are outright rare compared to AK’s here.

TrueSeanamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2021
    Indiana
    Meh, you do you.
    CA114243-B4F6-4C05-B586-C9070A4B1CE9.jpeg
    You do you is how we end up with nothing but a bunch of irreversibly butchered, once lovely guns. I’m not even opposed to stuff like furniture swaps (please for the love of god keep the original furniture) but chopping barrels that can’t really be replaced is baaaaaaaaaad.

maxipum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Bloomington
    View attachment 216473
    You do you is how we end up with nothing but a bunch of irreversibly butchered, once lovely guns. I’m not even opposed to stuff like furniture swaps (please for the love of god keep the original furniture) but chopping barrels that can’t really be replaced is baaaaaaaaaad.
    It will wear its original furniture, barrel is just too long to be practical. I get where you are coming from but this is not a historic weapon.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Sell it off and buy a Russian American made threaded barrel already tuned to support a suppressor.

I think running a suppressor on an AK needs more than just a threaded barrel but I am not the man to know those details.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    NHM-91? Yeah I wouldn't be too bummed about cutting the barrel. Those were commercial-only imports that were never very popular or sought after to begin with. They're still not very collectable today. They featured a 20" barrel, so not quite a legit RPK, and they were already neutered thanks to a ridiculous ban by Bush Sr.

Whoever you get to do it, if you're going to run a can then make damn sure they are damn sure they are cutting concentric threads. And post photos after it's done :cool:

kBk wz. 1970

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 16, 2021
    Carroll County
    View attachment 216473
    Been awhile since I’ve been here. So this is the first comment I’m reading. Yeah, it’s not “RPK” never was… a “National Match”? What the hell
    were those?
    I see your point, but why toss off to a Norinco in the first place?

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Allen does great work. But hopefully he will talk you out of butchering your RPK. You currently have a desirable gun. You chop it and it’s infinitely less desirable.

Top Bottom