• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    They offer a rail that screws to the dust cover.
    I would as soon do the set up to drill/tap the required holes as put that much heat in the frame. Have Done a few this way and they are stable.
    AllenM can do this.
    I am sure a smith closer can as well.

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    I would as soon do the set up to drill/tap the required holes as put that much heat in the frame. Have Done a few this way and they are stable.
    AllenM can do this.

I am wanting to install a combo Light / Laser under the barrel / forward of the Trigger Guard

I tried a Streamlight TLR-6 that I purchased for my Glock 43x - but it did not match the profile of the Under-barrel / Trigger guard

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    AllenM can do this.
    I have done this as well from a Brownell's rail with the correct curvature and used epoxy / screws with Roksett applied to the threads. I used my fat wrench set to the correct poundage. I no longer own the pistol but one of the guys in my circle still owns it and afaik it has never malf'ed or fallen off despite his endeavors to do so.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Hear me out:

How much will this endeavor cost you? If you're handy / a GOOD DIY'er - it may be worth the juice to work through the squeeze.

If you have to hire it out - it may not make financial sense to put the $ into a RIA vs. selling the RIA, adding in the monies that would go to a 'smith, and then looking for a gun in the physical condition you want.

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    How much will this endeavor cost you? ...

That is the Decision ... Primarily Issue is the Basic GI sights and Old Eyes SUCK so my Options are

1: RIA factory installs better Adjustable sights $325 .. still have Old Eyes issues

2: Laser grips $250 - $450 ... Stability issues with aim if grips adjusted ( changing batteries 4 hrs )

3: Pictiany Rail $50 ... Have to use "glue" ( metal <2mm )

4: Find Combo Light / Laser ( TLR-?) that will attach to Trigger Guard $ 150-$200

Right now I am leaning to #4 as I have a TLR-6 on my Glock 43x and really like it

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    That is the Decision ... Primarily Issue is the Basic GI sights and Old Eyes SUCK so my Options are

1: RIA factory installs better Adjustable sights $325 .. still have Old Eyes issues

2: Laser grips $250 - $450 ... Stability issues with aim if grips adjusted ( changing batteries 4 hrs )

3: Pictiany Rail $50 ... Have to use "glue" ( metal <2mm )

4: Find Combo Light / Laser ( TLR-?) that will attach to Trigger Guard $ 150-$200

Right now I am leaning to #4 as I have a TLR-6 on my Glock 43x and really like it
    5. Drill, thread, screw rail to dust guard (Better than "gluing" it on)
    6. get it machined for a red dot. Much better option than a laser but on the pricier side.
    7. Sell it and buy a similar gun with a factory rail. (or buy then sell... whatever works) or sell/buy for one cut for a red dot.

I'd be very surprised if #4 holds zero only clamped to the trigger guard.

Also, not a lot of love on INGO for lasers

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    Went with #4 - had to do a minor Plastic modification due to Trigger Guard shape - Looks Good to me --
    Will test it and see how it holds up

1F069E01-FB5A-4E2E-9CBA-34730C7E2BF3.jpeg

F259D520-2C95-430F-9F36-A56FFB28D3CC.jpeg

Top Bottom