• d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Got an Intex 18ft pool. Usually gets put up and filled Memorial Day weekend and taken down Labor Day weekend.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Did somebody say pool?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The best thing I have seen online with pools involved Tannerite. I'm not a huge pool fan due to me being the only person to do the maintenance/ upkeep / chemical person. No spanks!
    Pool is in the daughters yard next door. SIL does the maintenance on filter/chemicals. CKW and daughter clean out the leaves etc.
    I watch :)

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Moving to a house with one. I've taken care of a hot tub before so I know at least a little bit about water chemistry and maintenance. We'll see how it goes. I stopped into a local shop yesterday to ask a few questions and to see if they might be a "go to" shop for me. They were helpful and confirmed what I was thinking as far as firing up the pool when I get to the new property/pool.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    My back hurts....I started installing our new pool yesterday. Going from an 18' to 20' this year.......because I couldn't find an 18' in stock. Man, that extra 2' is costing me a lot of back work. Had to level and dig out more. Going out to start again today......

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    The best thing I have seen online with pools involved Tannerite. I'm not a huge pool fan due to me being the only person to do the maintenance/ upkeep / chemical person. No spanks!
    Same here....I am not a lounge in the pool guy and HATE the constant fighting to keep it clear.

Bought a house with a creek and told the family "you don't need a pool we have one right over there and you and catch critters while you are in it."

Sounded WAY better to me...the three ladies in my house were not as approving of my logic.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    We have a large in-ground one. Opened in April 11, just in time for weather to suck again.

I was in it at midnight last night after work. Found a FB group for DIY pool maintenance that is very helpful.

Get a good test kit with actual chemicals, not Dip Sticks. I am paying someone for pool maintenance now but may go my own way soon as market tanks.

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Had one for 20+ years, kids grew up and went on there own and pool needed a new liner and some plumbing issues plus concrete refinishing. Mega $$$, plan B was best. $1500 fill in and grade back to original slope. Now is a very nice flower garden, went full circle.

Top Bottom