• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    We had a large whirlpool tub that would fit 2. PIA to get in and out of and PIA to clean. When we redid the BR several years back went with a smaller air tub, less maintenance (Automatically purges any water in the system when draining), uses less water (fills a lot quicker), I can lie in ot and stretch my legs. Even has a little lumbar support. It is very loud while running so if you like music or to watch tv while running its not so good. When we remodeled we swapped the position of the tub and shower and now have a shower with a bench, large enough for 2 (don’t knock it until you have tried it) and likely better for resale (not for me as I am likely only moving out of this house in a pine box).

View attachment 184798 View attachment 184799
    I am so over glass to keep clean. My fastidious nature will not allow me to just let it spot, so I have to clean it every time we use it…. PIA!!!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Of all the drawbacks, it was the noise that was off putting. Just too loud to really relax. I second the idea of a large walk-in shower with no door or glass that needs squeegeed. Maybe add an inline heater and some body jets.

Last edited:

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Id extend the question out to: Does anyone know anyone who actually uses their tub? I don't know anyone who has used theirs more than a hand full of times.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Id extend the question out to: Does anyone know anyone who actually uses their tub? I don't know anyone who has used theirs more than a hand full of times.
    Our tub gets used 3-4 times a week between the wife and daughter. When we had the jet tub they still used the tub, but not the jets. Just to much noise and can't relax.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We have one in our master bath. My wife uses it about once or twice a week. I think I’ve used it 2x in 18 years. If I were building a house today, I don‘t think I’d waste money on it….but I only get one vote. ;)

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    When we redid the BR several years back went with a smaller air tub, less maintenance (Automatically purges any water in the system when draining), uses less water (fills a lot quicker), I can lie in ot and stretch my legs. Even has a little lumbar support. It is very loud while running so if you like music or to watch tv while running its not so good. When we remodeled we swapped the position of the tub and shower and now have a shower with a bench, large enough for 2 (don’t knock it until you have tried it) and likely better for resale (not for me as I am likely only moving out of this house in a pine box).
    We're actually looking at the "Air Bath" which just bubbles from the bottom. No jets of water.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    We're actually looking at the "Air Bath" which just bubbles from the bottom. No jets of water.
    As others have said, unless it has a heater, you're not going to like it. Unless you only want to take about a 2 or 3 minute bath. I bought one of those cheap "bubble pads" for DoggyMama for our tub once and she was ready to get out in less than 5 minutes because it just cools down the water so quickly.

Gunmetalgray

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 14, 2021
    not lost, wandering...
    Remodeled the bath 10 yrs ago and put in a whirlpool tub. Wouldn't do it again. Tub gets used just a handful of times a year. Still works fine. Just didn't live up to the hype. Maybe a high end one would be more appealing, don't know. Note that a high flow faucet is a must, otherwise a big tub takes a while to fill. Now the larger water heater that accompanied it was well worth it, for the tub, and now us/guests can take showers one right after the other without running out of hot water. +1 to putting in a walk-in shower, easier accessibility.

Now the outdoor hot tub is another story. It gets used A LOT more. Plus it's much better therapy for sore muscles, can more around, and can watch the deer or stars at night, or Elon's starlink satellites go by as it turns out. Wasn't keen on outdoor hot tubs at first, but a friend had one and the one's that generate their own chlorine (salt water systems) don't require daily maintenance. Makes it easier to maintain. Would definitely have one again if we ever moved.

LongRangeBushy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    Wabash County
    We bought a 20 year old house with a jacuzzi tub in it.. Everytime wife tried to use it brown water that didn’t drain properly from use before filled the tub. Then it sprang a leak from one of the pipes and stained the ceiling below it.. We decided to tear it out and replace it with the same size plain soaker tub… ps they use lots of water. We are on a well so it doesn’t matter much.. and the hot soaker is very nice even without the bubbles on old bones…

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I am so over glass to keep clean. My fastidious nature will not allow me to just let it spot, so I have to clean it every time we use it…. PIA!!!
    Squeegee takes but a minute after each shower, soft water helps and a light clean every 2 weeks.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    As others have said, unless it has a heater, you're not going to like it. Unless you only want to take about a 2 or 3 minute bath. I bought one of those cheap "bubble pads" for DoggyMama for our tub once and she was ready to get out in less than 5 minutes because it just cools down the water so quickly.
    I’m not sure if ours has a heater for the air but I can hit the water with bubbles for about 20-30 minutes before it gets too cool.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I don’t understand the appeal of these silly rainfall showers. It takes forever to rinse down in one with their low slow flow.

When I take a shower I want jets of water spraying hard on me. My current showerhead has a massaging function that pulses the water nicely and feels really good.

My house has a probably 30 year old Jacuzzi tub in it. It’s never been used much and it’s a pain to keep clean.

Last edited:

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I don’t understand the appeal of these silly rainfall showers. It takes forever to rinse down in one with their low flow.

When I take a shower I want jets of water spraying hard on me. My current showerhead has a massaging function that pulses the water nicely and feels really good.

My house has a probably 30 year old Jacuzzi tub in it. It’s never been used much and it’s a pain to keep clean.
    All you need to do is take the low flow washer out and you have a great pouring rain. We also have a hand held that has a massage function.

Top Bottom