• breakingcontact

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 7, 2018
    Southern Indiana
    Hey y'all.

I've been getting by with my normal height sights on a Glock with a 1.375" diameter suppressor. I don't shoot it a lot so haven't been terribly worried about the accuracy. (My current set up being Ameriglo normal height fiber optics, they don't give me a sight picture over the can at all). I've been operating with the logic that they are good enough and better when I'm not running the can which is 95% of the time.

I've now got enough pistols now that I want to get one gun set up with useable sights for the pistol can.

I prefer Ameriglo sights. What height do you recommend? I have Ameriglo AMGGL-429 (XL .315 front) on a different gun for RMR backup and want to go taller than that. Looking on Ameriglos website shows they have a million options now.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Kinda had the same issue, but I never found a good solution. I tried some tall sights and while they worked, were not pleasant without the silencer (it's my EDC). I just learned to adapt a bit. Line up the sights on the back of the can, then sight across the top of the can. Aim about an inch high and I'm surprisingly accurate with it. Aiming takes a bit more time/effort, but I'm not racing with it.

breakingcontact

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 7, 2018
    Southern Indiana
    Kinda had the same issue, but I never found a good solution. I tried some tall sights and while they worked, were not pleasant without the silencer (it's my EDC). I just learned to adapt a bit. Line up the sights on the back of the can, then sight across the top of the can. Aim about an inch high and I'm surprisingly accurate with it. Aiming takes a bit more time/effort, but I'm not racing with it.
    Makes sense, kind of where I'm at now. I've heard real tall sights can be an issue with holsters as well, but with the variety now available, I figure there is a "good" solution out there.

JTL165

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 26, 2020
    Central
    Try the AIMSURPLUS MOS height sights. They have a caged fiber front sight and rear sight with set screw so it doesnt walk like all the ameriglo ones do. They are slightly taller than my gl429's and inexpesnive (like 40 bucks)

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    It's a training issue. I learned to shoot with both eyes open, don't feel the needs of tall sights.

Ever shoot AR with red dot sights with the front lens covered up?

Years ago I was at Aimpoint booth during NRA, I asked one of the guys there why don't they make a clear front lens cover for the PRO like the clear rear lens cover. He told me it's not necessary, with both eye open, just shoot with the front lens covered. It's called Supper Imposing or some sort.

Top Bottom