Which Ready Position is Right? - Master Class Ep. 20

Pfcmaurx

Plinker
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feb 6, 2021
Jeffersonville
If the video is hosted on a site like YouTube or a file sharing or photo sharing site then you can post a link.
Ok. I’ll see if I can put a video together. I know I have one somewhere on desalting with a knife attach when in close quarters... now to find it.

Kutnupe14

Grandmaster
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jan 13, 2011
I think I might have to practice with that "high temple"; making sure the pistol is tucked in tight and not waving around.
Well, it’s a safer version than the “High Sabrina,” but I’ve always been comfortable muzzle down, against the chest. Very easy to “punch out,” and pick up sights fast.

DadSmith

Master
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oct 21, 2018
Ripley county
Interesting video. I usually train from holster. It stays in holster until there is an actual threat. Then it gets pointed at threat and then it's a process of is threat immediately going to cause harm or death as in he has a gun and is pointing it in which case I would probably fire. If he has a knife and at a safe distance away he'll get a verbal warning or 10 to drop the knife, ball bat etc. However, until there is a threat it stays in my holster.

Now if I'm thinking wrong please let me know. I've already had an encounter in my life where I had a guy who was threatening me at around 10 yards. I pulled my firearm out and pointed it at him as he advanced towards me. He stopped when he seen me pointing my handgun at him. At that point I told him repeatedly to drop the knife. I believe he was under the influence of drugs. I also believe he was contemplating if he could cover 10 yards and get me before I shot him. Luckily he threw it to the ground and I made a fast retreat away. That's my only experience in civilian life that I have had to point a firearm at anyone.

Top Bottom