• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    I am an NRA member and occasionally contribute to GOA.
    Are there any other organizations where the vast majority of the funds go to fighting for the 2nd amendment instead of managements pockets?
    My money is limited and I'd like to do the most good with the least cost....

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The various lawsuits about the NRAs finances tell me that there are probably problems and excesses going on that need to be fixed.

If there were no dirt, there would be no leverage against WPL and the NRA. When you lead an organization that is hated by so many why provide fuel for your funeral pyre? If the excesses are as bad as they are depicted it will not be the left or internal political opponents doing the damage, it will be those who failed in upholding the trust placed in them by the membership.

You are being duped by those that wish to destroy the NRA.

First off they are using class warfare to create division. The average NRA member is likely just middle class. They don't even wear suits, much less go to meetings where everyone is wearing a suit that costs more than your truck. They use the lifestyle and corporate trappings as a cudgel between the members and leaders that are wealthy beyond most of our imaginations. They are, after all navigating the DC swamp, one must look and act the part.

The purpose of the lawsuits is political, to make allegations against the NRA and leadership. Have any of it been proven in court? (That was the standard many of you espoused in the election fiasco.) Man is inherently evil and often does bad, particularly when money is involved. That the BS they have alleged is so small on a percentage of the organization income is actually not too bad.

If WPL were fired who would replace him? Who has the ability to lead the organization, the political connections, AND, importantly, who can take the shots the NRA head takes? Who can take the threats to their family? Being cancelled by their friends? Their kids being denied entry to the college of their choice? This is the world today, who can take this? (I want a better coach than Frank Riech, but can't see anyone better that is available.)

For those with the credentials to run the NRA few would ever take it and most of those mentioned have no experience running a multimillion dollar organization and blending it with the laws, lobbying, and members. I have pondered this quite a bit and have found no easy answers but many of you here just want to eliminate the head without explaining your solution to replacement after you do that. Like it is just magic.

The fallout from the attempted ousting of WPL is that much of the next rung leadership was purged further hurting the organization and limiting promoting from within. We need to support the NRA as we gird for battle to protect 2A freedoms while voting for board members that support change. We cannot disarm now or fight among ourselves, the battle looms...

Disclosure: I voted for Kraut to reform the board and organization, my posts are here to back it up.

tsilveus

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 4, 2014
    United States
    Lifetime NRA member but have not given a dime in the last 3 years. I feel as if they have lost their way and do not represent me or my interests and what I want the organization to do to fight for my 2A rights.
    Have been a member (the last 3 years) and occasionally give some more funds throughout the year to both FPC and GOA.
    I appreciate their dedication to conserving and expanding our 2A rights with little to no compromise.
    If there are other worthy groups that get things done and have a voice to stop ridiculous anti gun bills, I'd like to know to research. I will take a look at the 2 mentioned above.
    Somehow we have to change the narrative (from gun ban / taking away rights to education / mental health / poverty eradication in the inner city). Too many sheep in America that just follow along. We all know that Democrats "common sense safety measures" do not work and are just a power / control grab. We need to go on the offensive and give the real facts / information to as many people as possible. Our community is always defending. We need ads, commercials, public servants to expose the lies about firearms and our community. It gets infuriating to see elected officials **** on the constitution without ever being held responsible. Without 1a and 2a, everything else doesn't matter. Got on a roll there. Just want people to be responsible and educated and leave me and my rights alone. Any organization that can do this, I'll get behind.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Boy the anti's really hate the NRA. Odd that they never mention any of the other pro 2A groups? :dunno:

Just for fun, here's another vid that really expresses how the anti's feel about our only real pro 2A lobby. This should tell you something...

........................NSFW...................

hamiltonrrwatch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2021
    N.W. IN
    Well, here's my two centavos...

My wife and I are now a part of four 2A groups; 2nd Amendment Foundation, Firearms Policy Coalition, NRA, and GOA.
    I held my nose while clicking "Join" on the NRA's site, largely because of 30+ years working with various not-for-profit groups. I have many stories of well-known "charitable" organizations mismanagement and flat-out embezzlement.

In other words, s**t rolls downhill.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    I used to do the lobbyist thing and can vouch for the NRA doing great work at statehouses and in the programs. The drama and stupidity at the top are well known, but NRA-ILA and NRA are still probably the best bang for the buck. If giving money to NRA spoils your stomach, look at NRA-ILA where you can't buy suits and stuff.

NAGR, is in my opinion, a complete scam. As is anything tied to the Dorr Brothers. Aaron, Chris, and Ben Dorr have gone state to state bashing gun groups and Republicans into the mud and raised millions while claiming zero pay and a ton of write off expenses to their private media company called Midwest Freedom Enterprises. NAGR does similar stuff. Zero cents, please. Ohio Gun Owners, Minnesota Gun Rights, Wyoming Gun Owners, Missouri Firearms Coalition, Iowa Gun Owners, North Carolina Firearms Coalition, Georgia Gun Owner, New York State Firearms Association, and his American Firearms Association and others are 100% scam.

FPC has good people and is doing good work, but I'm not sure what the money goes to other than paying the legal staff. I support them.

I've only been personally involved with GOA once and was completely underwhelmed. I didn't see anything for lobbying infrastructure and am not convinced anyone outside of those who don't need lobbying is listening to them. The big dog in town for the GOP and sane D's is still without question, the NRA. GOA piggybacks on some lawsuits and takes credits, which I also find irritating.

Second Amendment Foundation has some really good people and is where I would argue the brains of the 2A legal community gather. They usually have a gathering every late Summer or Fall and I would suggest attending if you enjoy listening to 2A legal speeches. It doesn't have a shot show/NRAAM feel.

State orgs that are worth the check and I will personally vouch for-

Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus
    Iowa Firearms Coalition
    Virginia Civil Defense League
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    Gun Owners Action League

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I am a NRA Benefactor member. I would have upgraded to the next level but am waiting to see what happens with Mr. LaPierre. I still give to NRA-ILA.

The SAF was the group that won the big SCOTUS cases (Heller and McDonald) for us. So if I was looking for another gun rights organizations to support, it would be them.

I have donated to GOA before and they are fine but they seem to spend more time bashing the NRA than fighting for our gun rights. It also seems like, outside of the hard core gun owners, no one has heard of them.

hamiltonrrwatch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2021
    N.W. IN
    I've only been personally involved with GOA once and was completely underwhelmed. I didn't see anything for lobbying infrastructure and am not convinced anyone outside of those who don't need lobbying is listening to them. The big dog in town for the GOP and sane D's is still without question, the NRA. GOA piggybacks on some lawsuits and takes credits, which I also find irritating.
    "Completely underwhelmed" is my thought as well.

Just after we joined, I received correspondence from GOA's "Director of Outreach", Antonia Okafor. She authored a piece entitled "The RTKBA is for Everyone."

I took exception to several statements, obviously OpEd, but the article as a whole was not labeled as such. I called and sent an email asking GOA, and the author, to cite their sources. I haven't received a reply, nor do I expect one.

Conversely, when they contact me next year, they shouldn't expect a membership renewal.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I am an NRA member and occasionally contribute to GOA.
    Are there any other organizations where the vast majority of the funds go to fighting for the 2nd amendment instead of managements pockets?
    My money is limited and I'd like to do the most good with the least cost....
    Yes.
    The Second Amendment Foundation is a good one.
    Their efforts go to actually filing lawsuits and fighting bad laws all over the country.
    They don't just talk about our rights, they fight for them in the courts.
    THEY are the one I've given the most money to over the years.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I will continue to support NRA. Despite their flaws they seem the only organization the Dems attack and are in fear of. If money were not object I would support them all of course. So for now it's NRA

Top Bottom