• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    I have a 20+ year old version of the one in my link. It doesn't seem to want to register shots fired any longer. I would like a light for testing in any light including inside the garage for pellet rifle or archery. Which chronograph is recommended? Here is the newer version of the one I have now.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN

SSE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Tippecanoe Co.
    I have had an Oehler 33 for about 50 years and then bought a cheapo Caldwell about 10 years ago to use when I did not want to take the time to set up the Oehler. I like the Caldwell just fine but where I shoot rifles, I can't shoot groups and chrono at same time with it. This last year I got the Magnetospeed Sporter, I wanted the Labradar but could not justify the cost, for $150 bucks I love the Magnetospeed.

Dave A

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2010
    Hancock Co.
    I would go with the Labradar. I have a Magnetospeed which works fine but it throws off the point of impact. So once I shoot groups for a load development than I have to shoot another 10 rounds to get velocity data.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I like the MagnetoSpeed, other than its potential to affect accuracy while chrono'ing groups. I'll probably just buy the CE DLX and see how that works out.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Magneto Speed looked like it would not work on handguns, Labradar was out of my price range. I went with the Prochrono dlx with the light kit. It is bluetooth, calls out the shots on the phone speaker, keeps a list of the shots, you can text, email, or print them.. I will try to give a report when it arrives and I get a little time to try it out. It has good reviews, and seems like it will be the best choice in my price range.

thelefthand

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    I've used several over the years and I'm currently using a chrony. If I were to go get a new one today, I'd probably save my pennies up for the Lab Radar.

rb288

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2019
    Grovertown
    I use a Magnetospeed v3.
    I use it to develope velocities trends on my reloads.
    Yes, it does change POI but that's not what I use it for.
    Once I get the velocities I want, then I shoot for groups without the magnetoSpeed.
    But, then again, I shoot with a suppressor all the time so my POI is always a bit off of the "naked barrel".

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Pro Chrono gets the job done nicely. I had the original and added the bluetooth to it so I didn't have to run cables to the bench. Definitely worth it IMO. I've since upgraded to the Labradar and haven't looked back. Stings a little during the purchase but the convenience trumps that.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Had one of the Ohler sky screen units in the 80's. Now I use a Chrony Master Alpha that's about seven, eight or nine years old. Works just fine.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Pro Chrono gets the job done nicely. I had the original and added the bluetooth to it so I didn't have to run cables to the bench. Definitely worth it IMO. I've since upgraded to the Labradar and haven't looked back. Stings a little during the purchase but the convenience trumps that.
    I bought the model with Bluetooth. I figured the few dollars more would be worth it. Love it so far.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Good to know. Curious though, how is your lab radar more convenient than a Pro Chrono with built in Bluetooth?

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Nothing to put in front of the firing line. No need to hold up other shooters while you set it up and go back out to align it.
    I see. Haven’t had to shoot on a firing line with people in many years. Private clubs and private property so I will stay with my $125 Pro Chrono. Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom