• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Delaware County
    Currently I am using Crimson Talon mechanicals. I am in the process of testing several mechanicals and fixed blades trying to decide what my bow likes best.

AF92venger

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    NE of Indy, but not too far!
    I have used Montec G5 85gr. 100% Stainless Steel Broadheads for the last 4 years!! I love them!! I have used Muzzys before, and in my opinion, Montec G5's are much more accurate and dependable!!

montec1.jpg

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    I have used Montec G5 85gr. 100% Stainless Steel Broadheads for the last 4 years!! I love them!! I have used Muzzys before, and in my opinion, Montec G5's are much more accurate and dependable!!

montec1.jpg
    I helped a buddy clean a doe a week ago. Headshot thru the top of skull into spinal column. took us 20 minutes to find it and get it out. Not bent,and no nicks.....good broadhead.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i killed one a couple days ago with a rage 3. ive shot deer with a lot of broadheads and never seen a hole like this one. gun kills included. i shot double lung and the deer ran 15 yrs and no kidding 5 of those were falling down hill. ill probably never use a diffrent head

wmitchell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Franklin, In
    I've always used Muzzy 3 blade 100 gr. I know there are probably better ones out there but these shoot and perform really well for me.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    These are mean and nasty and durable. I use the four blade as well with my traditional bow setup. I take a mill bastard file and drag it across the blade to give it a slight seration.

I use a V-stone and fine tune them until I just barely move it down my arm and shave hair off. Thats when I know they're ready.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I use what Uncle Ted uses, the Magnus Stinger

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7kck5hT7L4]YouTube - Ted Nugent testimonial[/ame]

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    I use magnus heads for deer hunting.
    snuffers off my long bow
    snuffer_left.jpg

and buzzcuts off my kodiak
    buzzcut_03.jpg

and I use the guillotines off my blackwidow SAG for turkey hunting
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gfz07NGRFGM[/ame]

cheesy vid but these heads are sweet.

Sdixon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Wayne county
    I like montecs or thunderheads. I'll always choose a fixed blade over mechanical. Although rages leave a nice big entrance you don't always get an exit hole. I had a friend Loose a buck last week. No exit no blood trail. What I found interesting is that in the video on rages web site the vast majority of animals shot ran off with half of the arrow sticking out. I have only seen a couple deer hit with fixed blades that didn't have complete passthroughs.
    I will take two holes over one anyday.
    What I really like about montecs is that they are one piece construction and easy to resharpen.

Top Bottom