• ...and so much more!
  • SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Reading the other thread about low aircraft passes got me thinking about airplanes. Everyone has a favorite. But which aircraft do you hate with the passion of a thousand exploding suns?

I will give my answer a little later. I am curious what INGO thinks?

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Cannot say that I hate any of them. My only bad experience with aircraft are those lousy helio-co-peters known as flight for life. Was not bad enough that I had to sit there in completely stopped traffic, but then had to watch a helicopter land and fly away while I had to wait for all of that production to drive home.

Sarcasm of course, but I am really trying to find a way to hate an aircraft just to make a quality post.

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Cannot say that I hate any of them. My only bad experience with aircraft are those lousy helio-co-peters known as flight for life. Was not bad enough that I had to sit there in completely stopped traffic, but then had to watch a helicopter land and fly away while I had to wait for all of that production to drive home.

Sarcasm of course, but I am really trying to find a way to hate an aircraft just to make a quality post.
    There are many aircraft that have bad reputations that people react to. Such as;
    Brewster_F2A-3_g16055.jpg

Vought_F7U-3_Cutlass_in_flight_c1955_(cropped).jpg

b25cc816f2979d76cfb999ccd7c82ed6.png

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    DC-10 (and DC-9) There's a reason we called them Douglas Cable and Pulley Company specials. They never quite got past the DC-3... I would rather work the MUX system on an L-10 than work on a DC-10.

Now the L-1011, that was an aircraft! Problem was, Lockheed never built an aircraft that didn't try to be an SR-71. High speed, high performance, and complicated as f***! Man it was fun to chase electrical problems on that aircraft, especially as the kapton wiring began to degrade.

Boeing made good products, but it was obvious something ugly was creeping in by the 737-800. Odd design choices were being made which didn't sit well with me, and the quality of their fault isolation choices were plummeting.

Oh, forgot. Helicopters, any helicopter. They don't fly. They beat the air into submission until it finally gives up and says, do whatever the h*** you want!

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    V tail bonanza is a fine aircraft. The marketing wasn't. Beech made it sound like anyone could fly a complex high performance aircraft into ifr without a lot of training. It was a victim of a targeted marketing campaign aimed at low time / no time doctors with egos and type a personalities. Arrogance and ignorance of the person in the left seat unfairly gave the vtail a bad name. I like them

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    My number one hated aircraft...

f226e5706a4fa0c1f011a7212bfd0252.jpg
    071016-F-1234S-023.jpeg
    F-111A and EF-111A.

After working on F-4s and A-10s, this pig was the reason I got off active duty and moved the Air Reserve Technician program. Powered by the worst engine P&W ever built.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany

View attachment 128163
    View attachment 128164
    F-111A and EF-111A.

After working on F-4s and A-10s, this pig was the reason I got off active duty and moved the Air Reserve Technician program. Powered by the worst engine P&W ever built.

MrSmitty said......I worked with the D model 111's at Cannon AFB, love those planes!!! We didn't have the Spark Vark's at Cannon then.... But I just did the strike, and radar film, not maintenance.... I love aircraft, still to this day when one flies over I look up!!
    .!!!!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

View attachment 128163
    View attachment 128164
    F-111A and EF-111A.

I recall that this plane triggered the Second Revolt of the Admirals. McNamara said that it just needed more thrust to be a viable carrier fighter (didn't happen leading to the birth of the F14). Several admirals testified to the contrary to Congress including the quote "There isn't enough thrust in all Christendom to make a fighter out of the F111." Predictably, McNamara arranged to have all these admirals forced out of the Navy.

In fairness, contrary to its fighter designation, it was a fine interceptor, strike, and recon platform.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Deleted

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    C-130's. I fly on one at least once a year, sometimes several times a year. Slow, loud, and break down all the time.
    They are insulted to keep the noise in! When I was at No-Hope-Pope in the late 90s they were still flying C-130E models (built 63-64.) They SUCKED! They'd long outlived their usefullness at that point (I'm sure they were awesome in Nam, but these were flying in Oman, Kuwait, and Saudi, not Da Nang and Ton Son Nhut.)

Does the USN have the J-Models (6 bladed props) or a different version? USAF still has some H-Models(MUCH newer than the E's) IIRC.

Top Bottom