• actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I can only imagine.

ANG gave us Purdue cadets a ride... now I just laugh every time I see a movie where people are holding a conversation in the inside one.

Well, "In the movies" they carry on a conversation in the middle of a pitched battle, and the background noise conveniently disappears, only to resume at the end of the conversation.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I got to ride a C-130 Herc from Sicily to Isreal, with a few diversions on the way.
    There was definitely NO conversation going on.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Its all perspective. They may be great to fly, but are apparently awful to work on.
    Just like our troops LOVE the A-10. The Taliban? Not so much. :):
    Apparently Air Force leadership don't like them either.
    They keep pushing to get rid of them.
    Even though losing all the A-10s would probably just buy one more lug nut for their new WunderWeapons.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    CH-47
    Nothing like getting sprayed with hydraulic fluid while flying!
    Not to mention when the crewchief opens the top winter door. Then it flys up hits the back rotor and you slam into the ground.

Just saying!

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Because they are all 60 years old?
    No, because they jerked me and my wife around, resulting in it taking almost 36 hours to fly from Los Angeles to Indianapolis, via Denver, Pittsburgh, Washington DC, Miami, Charlotte, and Chicago, with multiple hour layovers in every location, when it was supposed to be Los Angeles straight to Indianapolis. It started when the crew didn't show up in LA, but they had another flight way over there - - - > but we had to hurry or we would miss it. We got there to find out that flight left 15 minutes before they even told us about it. So we rushed back to the original gate, to find out the crew showed up, the plane loaded, and it's over there - - - > readying for takeoff. Then they bounced us all over the freaking country. All they were willing to give us for compensation was some FOOD VOUCHERS.

Driving straight through is about 32-34 hours (my brother and I made that drive), so my wife and I could have legitimately rented a car and driven straight through, FASTER.

So I hate everything about United Airlines, including every plane they own.

Last edited:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    United...fly the surly skies. Ancient flight attendants that treat you like self loading cargo. I have not stepped foot through one of their cargo doors in two decades and will retire on the spot if anyone asks me to do so.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    No, because they jerked me and my wife around, resulting in it taking almost 36 hours to fly from Los Angeles to Indianapolis, via Denver, Pittsburgh, Washington DC, Miami, Charlotte, and Chicago, with multiple hour layovers in every location, when it was supposed to be Los Angeles straight to Indianapolis. It started when the crew didn't show up in LA, but they had another flight way over there - - - > but I had to hurry or I would miss it. I got there to find out that flight left 15 minutes before they even told me about it. So I rushed back to the original gate, to find out the crew showed up, the plane loaded, and it's over there - - - > readying for takeoff. Then they bounced me all over the freaking country. All they were willing to give me for compensation was some FOOD VOUCHERS.

Driving straight through is about 32-34 hours (my brother and I made that drive), so my wife and I could have legitimately rented a car and driven straight through, FASTER.

So I hate everything about United Airlines, including every plane they own.
    Everything United owns is OLD, including their reservation system and their aircraft.

I hate them to.

I wish I could find the picture I took the 2nd last time I flew them. Was going to SF and sitting in 1st class. Looking out window I see we are descending and I know it's not SFO.

Divert! and we are in Salt Lake. Windshield cracked like hit with a baseball bat. 9.5 hrs later new plane shows up. Wife and I spent the entire layover in the SLC airport wine bar.

Flying back, get delayed in SFO. Crew issue. New crew called for. 4.5hrs later take off. 1.5hrs later look out and see we are descending into SLC? Supposed to be direct. New crew only had 2 hrs of flight time remaining and had to stop and change crews. Land and 6 hrs later new crew arrives.

We divert to Detroit and get in at 11:30pm. No flight to Indy. Have to stay at hotel, with no bag, no tooth brush, no change of underwear..... Cluster F of epic proportions. HATE UNITED.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I do not hate any aircraft with the "passion of a thousand exploding suns", but the worst aircraft I have flown was a 1972 Piper Seneca I. Underpowered, non-turbochsrged, heavy on the controls. A real dog.

The Seneca II was much better.

The most delightful to fly is any year Bonanza.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    I do not hate any aircraft with the "passion of a thousand exploding suns", but the worst aircraft I have flown was a 1972 Piper Seneca I. Underpowered, non-turbochsrged, heavy on the controls. A real dog.

The Seneca II was much better.

The most delightful to fly is any year Bonanza.
    You never flew a Seminole or Dutchess, did ya?

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    You never flew a Seminole or Dutchess, did ya?
    I have not. I actually got my multi in that Seneca in 1982. But it stands out.

But all aircraft certified under Part 23 are pretty much the same. Some are just better than others. But even the poor ones meet the standards.

I owned a 310C for a while. I really liked that aircraft too.. It had charm. Until I had to fix it..... I have flown lots of other peoples airplanes. None I really hated....

My retirement aircraft is a 1972 PA28-140. Its IFR capable but I fly mostly VFR. 117 knots around 8,0000 at 9.5 gph. I am not in a hurry anymore. The perfect sky scooter for me....

Last edited:
    Top Bottom