Where to sell black powder guns in Indy?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Calling on the Ingo Black Powder crew for some advice.

My buddy wants to sell 2 black powder guns. He would rather sell to a store, but i dont know if there is a shop in the Indy area that would be a better bet another store.

Does anyone know of a decent shop in the Indy area that might be a better place to sell a couple of bp guns?

He thinks he has an 1882 spencer pump shotgun and an "1862 crown musket".

Any ideas, suggestions?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Jan 19, 2009
    Have to be somebody dealing in antiques, the Spencer shotgun was the first pump shotgun and would bring some bucks, the crown musket is probably an 1853 Enfield and would need someone really familiar with them to get a good evaluation. He would get best money selling them on GB. I can't think of any stores in Indiana other than Indiucky's that really deal in that era stuff.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Why a store? They need to make a profit and typically offer 50% of a guns value.

Don
    He and i discussed this.

He is not really a "gun guy" and asked me where to start. We discussed Ingo, arms list, gun broker, going to a show, vs going to a store.

I think that he does not want to deal with the variables that can come with the othet options.

I bought and sold a pile of guns on here (lived in IN at the time). I am comfotable with it, but I totally respect my friend prefering to use a store as opposed to the classies.

I am going to try to get him to drive down to see Indiuckuy. I am sure IIUKY would be straight with him about the values, plus he seems like a cool guy to chat with in general.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy

My buddy wants to sell 2 black powder guns. He would rather sell to a store, but i dont know if there is a shop in the Indy area that would be a better bet another store.

Does anyone know of a decent shop in the Indy area that might be a better place to sell a couple of bp guns?

Any ideas, suggestions?

Thanks guys!
    How much?

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Post some pics. I have been shooting/building muzzle loaders for awhile, as well as others on this forum, and will have a good idea of current values.

Unless I am mistaken, INDIUCKY has closed his store.
    Don

Squirt239

Expert
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg

Any ideas, suggestions?

Thanks guys!
    Ted Caldwell in Lebanon. He deals with a lot of Civil War era items.

tightlines

Plinker
    Jul 24, 2012
    West of Indy
    Premiere Arms in Brownsburg also deals with firearms such as this. Been a few years since I stopped in but they had multiple civil war era firearms including an original Spencer. Worth giving them a call.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Premiere Arms in Brownsburg also deals with firearms such as this. Been a few years since I stopped in but they had multiple civil war era firearms including an original Spencer. Worth giving them a call.
    Thank tightlines!

I will pass this on to him. These are just the responses that i was hoping to get.

All suggestions appreciated!

Top Bottom