• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hammerd13

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2015
    Hamilton County
    I bought a Feuerhand Lantern from Lehman's. Here are some potentially helpful links. Be sure to get fuel and wicks as well.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I bought a Feuerhand Lantern from Lehman's. Here are some potentially helpful links. Be sure to get fuel and wicks as well.

Every reasonable lamp is sold out that I saw. Wow!

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Don't skimp... There are good ones and crappy ones. Dietz ( sp) come to mind as top quality.
    Propane lamps with adapters for the 5 gallon tanks are pretty handy too
    I am sitting at my computer desk looking at a Dietz lantern I purchased several years ago.

I have always considered Aladdin lamps to be top tier but they are also pricey.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Lehmans
    Worth the drive to northern Ohio, IMHO. Will ship, too.

I picked up wick kits a few years ago. I inherited several lamps from my grandmother. Not sure of dates, but a couple are from her childhood, and from my great-grandmother. New wicks and fresh oil, and I have light!

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    The Walmart in Brazil shows them in stock. You tried Dollar General?

Finally try a Cracker Barrel.

The Parable of the Ten Bridesmaids​

25 “Then the kingdom of heaven will be like this. Ten bridesmaids[a] took their lamps and went to meet the bridegroom.[b] 2 Five of them were foolish, and five were wise. 3 When the foolish took their lamps, they took no oil with them; 4 but the wise took flasks of oil with their lamps. 5 As the bridegroom was delayed, all of them became drowsy and slept. 6 But at midnight there was a shout, ‘Look! Here is the bridegroom! Come out to meet him.’ 7 Then all those bridesmaids[c] got up and trimmed their lamps. 8 The foolish said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.’ 9 But the wise replied, ‘No! there will not be enough for you and for us; you had better go to the dealers and buy some for yourselves.’ 10 And while they went to buy it, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went with him into the wedding banquet; and the door was shut. 11 Later the other bridesmaids[d] came also, saying, ‘Lord, lord, open to us.’ 12 But he replied, ‘Truly I tell you, I do not know you.’ 13 Keep awake therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour.[e]

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Don't give Amazon any more business than necessary! Do we not follow the rest of the forum?

Amazon is showing that they don't like our kind much. :dunno:

I bought my Dietz lanterns from these folks...

Last edited:

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    The hardware stores in Indy area are out, neither Truevalue or Ace have any I found. Where should I look?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I am sitting at my computer desk looking at a Dietz lantern I purchased several years ago.

I have always considered Aladdin lamps to be top tier but they are also pricey.

Yeah, but when you rub them, the genie comes out and you can use your 3 wishes to get as many lamps and other preps that you need! ;)

Top Bottom