• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Truck stop in Peru. JB Hunt driver checking tires on rig. Appeared to be Ruger P89 in nylon rig at 4:00. Doofus was so not aware of anything around him as he bent over several times. Training? .....we don’t need no stinking training.

And you didn't offer him your $99.00 Introductory Doofus Special Training at your Private Range?

Bigdog357

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 4, 2015
    Indiana
    I saw myself :) OC my PMR 30 in Meijers. Got a new white hat holster a couple weeks ago, so I could carry it once in a while for grins. 22 mag is not what I consider a great defensive round, but 30 rounds in the torso would probably do the job.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I was at Martins in Mishawaka last weekend grabbing a few things. I walked past an older (late 70's most likely) gentleman wearing a Navy hat and carrying an old, beat up High Power, kinda OC/CC. I walked up to him and thanked him for his service and mentioned the high power was a good choice. He replied "Yep, 9mm. It'll shoot through an engine block."

I agreed , thanked him again and went back to shopping.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I was at Martins in Mishawaka last weekend grabbing a few things. I walked past an older (late 70's most likely) gentleman wearing a Navy hat and carrying an old, beat up High Power, kinda OC/CC. I walked up to him and thanked him for his service and mentioned the high power was a good choice. He replied "Yep, 9mm. It'll shoot through an engine block."

I agreed , thanked him again and went back to shopping.
    With Cyclone or THV . . . from an MP5 . . . and the right angle.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    No problem.

engine-clean2.jpg

...but it punches through about a foot of person just fine, usually.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    How bout the Kroger on the south side yesterday. Customer was wearing a handgun on each hip, his tac vest, and his AK-47 style rifle slung across his chest with one hand on the grip. He was there buying milk....That's certainly OC'ing.
    That's Tuesday for me.

What kind of AK? Was it for sale? I have milk to trade.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Did he break a law?

Asking for a friend.
    I don't know. He left before we got there. My officers would ask management (who called) if they wanted him to leave. If he left at that request then no, no laws would have been broken. In the unlikely even he refused to leave when asked, then yes, he would have broken the law. But to expect to normalize OCing your "AK" is unrealistic. You show up wearing that, someone is going to call 911. Responding officers when then show up and first ask management if they want that person to leave. If they don't, officers go back in service without further action.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I get that. I'm not trying to start an argument.

My question is if I am openly carrying my 1911, just shopping, not bothering anyone or causing any actual disturbance...

If a representative of the property asks me to leave I have to or I am trespassing.

I was once in a shop and two police cars came racing up. Two officers took up watch positions while two came over to the manager who was two feet away from my wife and I at the check out. They were inquiring about a MWAG call.

I was talking jovially with the cashier, said hi to the officer, paid and left.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    i was spotted trying to cc in the beechgrove walmart last summer.

in my defense...it is VERY hard to conceal a sig p220. cuopled with my odd body shape, it was obvious that i was armed. i did have it covered though.

i was "investigated" but after informing the "investigator" of state law as i understand it, it became a nonissue to him.

i was stilled banned from that wallyworld.

it almost hurt my feelings lol

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I OC in all of the big boxes in NWI and have never been challenged, except in Menards years ago. After contacting corporate I got personal and e mail apologies from the manager.

US1882

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2020
    Noblesville
    Hamilton Town Center. Was there with the GF. Not how I wanted to spend a beautiful afternoon, but saw a couple both carrying striker fire poly at 4pm. Assume that was GFZ but can’t say I saw a sign. They disappeared into a store not long after I saw them.

Top Bottom