• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKshooterusp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2021
    Was working the boat show tear down last week, saw a guy from another crew OC while working. Thought it odd but whatever. I'd be afraid I'd scratch my sidearm.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    i was spotted trying to cc in the beechgrove walmart last summer.

in my defense...it is VERY hard to conceal a sig p220. cuopled with my odd body shape, it was obvious that i was armed. i did have it covered though.

i was "investigated" but after informing the "investigator" of state law as i understand it, it became a nonissue to him.

i was stilled banned from that wallyworld.

it almost hurt my feelings lol

I'm shocked. I sloppy CC in walmarts all the time and have never had anyone so much as look at me funny. I've even OC'd in a couple, though admittedly not the Beech Grove walmart.

I OC'd in two different Kroger's in the last couple weeks with nothing said.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I'm shocked. I sloppy CC in walmarts all the time and have never had anyone so much as look at me funny. I've even OC'd in a couple, though admittedly not the Beech Grove walmart.

I OC'd in two different Kroger's in the last couple weeks with nothing said.
    i think it was a case of BBGWG (big black guy with gun).

i usually carry concealed but when i do oc i'ts never been an issue.

i've never had a problem anywhere else. my sweetie and others say it's because i look like a cop.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    He did not and there is dick the police can do.
    Can the business owner/agent call the police to ask you to leave, when state law allows the owner agent to do so.

I believe that if I was just browsing/buying and causing no problems that the municipality should get compensation for non emergency use of police assets.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Saturday at Schoops, either someone noticed my carry, or a CC vs OC debate just happened to start as I walked past.
    I didn't bother to get involved.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    When I walked past a mirror
    Not 100% sure that counts BR.

I'm guessing this is an Indiana thing, because there is a TON of OCing going on in Tennessee. I'm gonna assume it has something to do with their version of CC as I'm still on my Indiana Liftime permit until next week...................guess I need to do some homework

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I picked up a couple of items at Aldi Sunday after Church. While walking to the my car, someone said is Open Carry legal in Indiana now?
    I said it's always been legal in Indiana.
    A guy chimed in from the car next to us "You don't even have to have a permit now".
    To which I went off into a tirade of what the law is, and you'd better not do it, and a lady just got in trouble because she shot someone and didn't have a license, but the prosecutor was smart enough not to prosecute her.
    All in all a good outcome.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

I'm guessing this is an Indiana thing, because there is a TON of OCing going on in Tennessee. I'm gonna assume it has something to do with their version of CC as I'm still on my Indiana Liftime permit until next week...................guess I need to do some homework

I was in TN last week.
    I walked in front of a mirror....and saw OC.

IMG_0744.JPG

TN has some crappy laws when it comes to firearms....signs, where you can eat in a restaurant/bar and other such stuff.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I was in TN last week.
    I walked in front of a mirror....and saw OC.

View attachment 201590

TN has some crappy laws when it comes to firearms....signs, where you can eat in a restaurant/bar and other such stuff.
    Typical Yankee! You come down here no advance notice, no advance warning . No hey I am coming can you show me to the real BBQ place.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011

While some would argue it’s not needed, I would still get your TN HCP. There are a few benefits places that come off the no go zone with one.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    While some would argue it’s not needed, I would still get your TN HCP. There are a few benefits places that come off the no go zone with one.
    Any chance you could reference anywhere I could get some clarification of differences and benefits between the enhance permit, the handgun permit and Tennessee's CC?
    I've been looking online all morning to no avail. I did read today that I can still run on my Indiana Lifetime for 6 months after I establish Tennessee residency.
    Thanks.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Any chance you could reference anywhere I could get some clarification of differences and benefits between the enhance permit, the handgun permit and Tennessee's CC?
    I've been looking online all morning to no avail. I did read today that I can still run on my Indiana Lifetime for 6 months after I establish Tennessee residency.
    Thanks.
    TN.Govsafety will get you to the link.

Readers digest version…CCC permit no benefit over faux constitutional carry recently enacted. School grounds remain off limits, greenways and parks off limits etc.

Enhanced Carry Permit formerly known as a HCP will allow for additional locations and there is some legislation in the works to allow for additional benefits, pass the popcorn this one may get interesting.

Top Bottom