• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Meijer Southport Rd. last night: guy with a Glock hat and an untucked black button down shirt covering what I assume was a Glock.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I was at an auction yesterday when a man asked me what I was carrying. I CC but in my world it means covered, not concealed so I frequently print badly. After I told him he opened his coat to reveal the sidearm in his holster and then covered it and produced his. . . . . . . you guessed it!!!

large_concealed_weapon_permit_badge_gold.jpg

Up until I saw that badge I was all :runaway: but after I saw the badge I was :alright:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I was at an auction yesterday when a man asked me what I was carrying. I CC but in my world it means covered, not concealed so I frequently print badly. After I told him he opened his coat to reveal the sidearm in his holster and then covered it and produced his. . . . . . . you guessed it!!!

Up until I saw that badge I was all :runaway: but after I saw the badge I was :alright:

You should have taken a picture of his holster so we all could [STRIKE]make fun[/STRIKE] see it too. :):

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I was hanging out with tbhausen, churchmouse and 88GT the other day when we all saw some kind of security guard in an old clapped-out Crown Vic complete with searchlight printing quite badly. Kind of comical, actually. He should have just OC it or needs a bigger shirt.

ThatOneKid

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2014
    Batesville
    People generally when carrying a weapon knife, or handgun of some sorts have a need to check as they enter or leave a building or car. Im guilty of it too especially when i first started carrying my knife on base your hand brushes where you carry it somewhat indiscriminately. People who are new will do this alot subconsciously and it can be used to your advantage to spot potential threats.

I'm pretty guilty of this, being pretty new to carrying and all. I try to keep an eye out for people who do it as well, im a bit of a people watcher.

There's deep concealment where the gun is truly hidden and then there is the more common casual concealment. If you look close, you can usually spot the gun but to 99% of the population, it's invisible. Even a good tuckable IWB holster can easily be seen if you know what those funny clips on the belt are for. Once you spot a clip on the belt, the whole carry rig becomes obvious since it usually comes with a slight difference in the profile from one side to the other. But, most people have no idea it's there and would not question the presence of odd belt clips spaced 6 to 7 inches apart.

I'm paranoid about other people seeing my clips/gun. Especially when I go to the store and reach for something on a bottom or top shelf when I carry 4-5 o'clock. I know most people are never looking at me that hard, but its still kinda freaky. It goes away with time I assume?

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Today 7/26 around 18:00 at the Circle K gas station on Oaklandon Rd & Pendleton Pike in Lawrence/Oaklandon. White guy, ball cap hat, red shirt, blue cargo pants with a white girl. Had what looked like a compact single stack in his right upper pants pocket with a pierce grip magazine extension on the magazine in the gun. Handle of the gun was sticking out of his pocket about 3 inches. Couldn't tell if it was holstered or not. Thought about saying hi, but didn't want to start a conversation in line at the register so I bought my .87 cent drink and boogied on home.

Force10

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2014
    Franklin County
    Saw a guy at the Greenwood Dick's sporting goods around 1315, wearing an H&K shirt, then noticed the print int the 4-5 o'clock area. Pointed it out to my wife, who is trying to decide how to CC on her small frame.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Saw a guy at the Greenwood Dick's sporting goods around 1315, wearing an H&K shirt, then noticed the print int the 4-5 o'clock area. Pointed it out to my wife, who is trying to decide how to CC on her small frame.

I've spotted a lot of CCers by the gun related clothing they wear. It seems counter-productive to wear that clothing when trying to be discreet.

Force10

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2014
    Franklin County
    I've spotted a lot of CCers by the gun related clothing they wear. It seems counter-productive to wear that clothing when trying to be discreet.
    Yeah, I try to be observant, but nothing screams "concealed" carry more the firearm-branded clothing. Not judging, glad their wearing it (firearm branded clothes AND gun), but I agree it seems counter-intuitive.

Bonkers4Bacon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Fields of Green
    Ever since I started carrying, I start looking for other people printing or signs of carry. Not that it would change anything in my mind, its just kinda fun to see if you can spot it.

If you do spot someone CCing, do you mention it to them? Do you have a friendly convo about it and inquire about what they are carrying? Just curious

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    If you do spot someone CCing, do you mention it to them? Do you have a friendly convo about it and inquire about what they are carrying? Just curious
    IMO it depends on when and where. Use your best judgement and try not to make it awkward.
    Only to someone who carries themselves. Average Joe would probably never put two-n-two together.
    You don't need to carry a gun to recognize the Glock logo on someone's shirt, hat, or vehicle, but I agree that the average person probably wouldn't recognize it.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Last week... guy CCing a polymer pistol owb right side under his shirt in the Beech Grove walmart. He was printing. I didn't say a word.

Also, drug dealing neighbor across the street carrying a Glock 17, 19, 22, or 23 in his left front pants pocket. Butt of the gun was sticking out and the outline of the frame was obvious.

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Coming out of the Starbucks at 15th and Capitol. He was trying to hide it under his t-shirt as he was getting into his unmarked SUV.

Frost49

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Tim Buk 2
    Very "big boned" gentleman at walmart in New Castle. Had probably a 38 or some other small caliber revolver tucked in the right side, but his tucked in shirt had "shrunk" up so much I could have probably got the serial # off of it if I had looked close enough.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Not sure if this counts. 4 co-workers and myself arrived at a jobsite and were instructed to be in a certain place at 8am for safety orientation. About 5 minutes into his speech, the safety coordinator mentions that there is no guns allowed on the property, period. The look on his face was priceless when 2 of the 5 got up and left without speaking a word (and yes, both were CCing) They both returned the next day for their orientation and some strange looks.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    This is an area that southpaws have a bit of an advantage. Even people who are looking, are generally looking at 4-5 o'clock, not 7-8 o'clock. :)

Top Bottom