• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Since the thread entitled "Where did you see OC today" has been so successfully, running to 50+ pages, I thought we should start a parallel thread. So where did you see a handgun being carried, concealed from your view?

OK, now that you're done laughing, can you make out a CC? In some places when I see a certain mode of dress that allows for plenty of space, I automatically assume there is a gun in there. (In that context, such people typically do Mexican carry, and they aren't carrying legally.) But have you ever spotted signs of CC?

Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    I've only "made" one guy CCing, he was at the urinal, trying to keep his gun from hitting the floor and doing his business at the same time.

FortWayneGunfighter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 13, 2012
    The desert...
    People generally when carrying a weapon knife, or handgun of some sorts have a need to check as they enter or leave a building or car. Im guilty of it too especially when i first started carrying my knife on base your hand brushes where you carry it somewhat indiscriminately. People who are new will do this alot subconsciously and it can be used to your advantage to spot potential threats.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    People generally when carrying a weapon knife, or handgun of some sorts have a need to check as they enter or leave a building or car. Im guilty of it too especially when i first started carrying my knife on base your hand brushes where you carry it somewhat indiscriminately. People who are new will do this alot subconsciously and it can be used to your advantage to spot potential threats.

It's called a "Tell" and you are right. We all do it to an extent especially old fat guy's like me. I have to hike up my pants occasionally and re-set the sidearm for comfort. I just need to get a good set of suspenders.

FortWayneGunfighter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 13, 2012
    The desert...
    It's called a "Tell" and you are right. We all do it to an extent especially old fat guy's like me. I have to hike up my pants occasionally and re-set the sidearm for comfort. I just need to get a good set of suspenders.
    Thank you i forgot what it was called, myself ive never had an issue with me carrying and needing to adjust multiple times maybe once at most

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Well I didn't see it today but a few months ago I was in Indy and this guy was clearly a private security guard or something for this basket ball player and his gun was printing on left side from his shoulder holster. I smiled at the guy and I knew he knew I noticed because I was staring right at it. He smiled back and nodded his head and I gave him a quick thumbs up. My friend asked me what that was all about and I said I thanked him for his support of the right to carry.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I thought the idea of CC is that you are not supposed to see it?

There's deep concealment where the gun is truly hidden and then there is the more common casual concealment. If you look close, you can usually spot the gun but to 99% of the population, it's invisible. Even a good tuckable IWB holster can easily be seen if you know what those funny clips on the belt are for. Once you spot a clip on the belt, the whole carry rig becomes obvious since it usually comes with a slight difference in the profile from one side to the other. But, most people have no idea it's there and would not question the presence of odd belt clips spaced 6 to 7 inches apart.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    I had a guy test drive a car the other day and as he was getting out his little gun fell out of his pocket and landed at my feet.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Ritter's Frozen Custard on Stop11 & Emerson Ave this afternoon around 7-7:30. Saw a bald white guy wearing shorts and a T-shirt CCing a firearm under the shirt on his right side. Muzzle/holster stuck out at the bottom.

Top Bottom