• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Information would be greatly appreciated.

I'd like to find them too. I've heard Lawrence County has a few. If anyone knows a landowner that would not mind, I have a corn feeder, a game cam, and some Hog Wild mix to stir into the corn. They like to stay near a source of water, too.

I've also got a 6.8 SPC II upper on order to finish off a new AR15 hog blaster. I plan on adding a night vision scope, as well.

ChrisK1977

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    I would love to find some as well! I wondered if it is as big as a problem as they would like to believe.
    Chris Kiefner

Trailrider53

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    I'd try either Tenn., N.C. or Texas. There are tons of wild hogs in all three of those states. I've seen them while trail riding.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: funny stuff.

Seriously though. I was perusing one of my many gun and archery distributor catalogs, and they had a section of hog lures and such. One quote that caught my eye was---"If you don't have wild hogs in your area now, you will".

It may sound far fetched, but coyotes were not as prevelant until the big freeze in 1980, when they crossed the Mississippi and Missouri rivers and migrated eastward. Now that migration has caused us to be able to have another season all within itself-------varmints.:ar15:

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Within a 5 mile radius of Leesville, IN there is no shortage of wild hogs.
    The trick is finding a farmer that will share his land, with a stranger

Not sure if this one is in Indiana?
    rosie.jpg

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    one was seen on SR-28 near SR-25 , running east this weekend...
    it was a pigglet & freshly wild.. had probably just escaped the pig farm there..

I've seen it reported that a DOMESTIC hog that escapes, takes a mere TWO WEEKS to turn completely, and permanently, feral!:dunno:

joshennis84

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    Bloomington
    I've been told numerous times that there are wild hogs in Lawrence County. You contact the dnr and they will give you something to put on your truck that says hog hunter. It's a sticker or something to put in your windshield or something. I don't believe you even need a hunting license to hunt them. You can use dogs and spotlights at night and you can shoot them with whatever you'd like. This is how it's been explained to me. I've had about 5 different people tell me basically the exact same thing. I didn't mean to come across that you only hunt them at night, but it is perfectly legal.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Called the DNR this morning to get the straight scoop from a Conservation Officer, and it is.
    The "ONLY" thing you need is landowner permission to hunt wild pigs in Indiana, any gun or bow is allowed.

He emphasized you should get "written" permission that states that the landowner has given permission for wild pigs/wild hogs.
    He said otherwise, you could be mistaken for a poacher by a C.O. and that would not be pleasant! His words.

There are wild pigs in south eastern Lawrence (Larry) county.
    A few years back a person was going to start a private game reserve, and imported some true wild Russian boars, one problem though, his fences did not hold them, and they have over the years mixed with domestic pigs, and now they are a real problem for farmers.
    Real problem!
    Talked to a farmer the other evening that swore there was a pack of 20 or more in his barn lot, and he wants them gone!
    He is my new friend, I guess we will see.

Top Bottom