• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    The lady in the video was trying to be a sweetheart about giving people bad news. I respond to the "we're coming to your house" comments with 1 of 2 answers.

1.) If you think it's that bad that you're leaving your home, we'll probably already be gone and you're welcome to whatever we've left at the house.

2.) You can come over, but you'll be handed a paper copy of my "rules for refugees" and you're probably not going to like them.

I take the approach of getting the point across that it won't be all sunshine and rainbows at my place either. Also, I wrote a list of my "Rules for Refugees" but can't find the copy of it on my computer at the moment. Fortunately, I have printed copies at the house for this very reason. I'm going to find a paper copy and revise it because it's about 20 years old and will need updated. I'd suggest everyone who's likely to have people show up have paper copies with an old date on it that can be handed out.

The biggest point I try to make is that everyone will be assigned a job by me that I think suits their abilities. If you're techyier than I am, guess who's got books to read on Ham radio frequencies because there's work to do. If you're strong, guess who's got farm work to do. If you're old, guess who's babysitting the young kids while everyone else is working. If you're of fighting age or ability, guess who's about to get trained up on security and small arms. There's a reason I have a few extra boxes of 22lr laying around to train people up on 22lr pistols, 22lr bolt guns, and 22lr 15-22. There will be lots of work to do with more people showing up.

No matter what, none of us make it out of this world alive and I don't want to answer to God to turning people away. If I think the person in need is a good human who I can trust standing behind me with a loaded gun, then they're welcome at home. If I can't say that, they won't be staying around, but otherwise, I hope I can be of some help to people. I know the biggest prep we have isn't for this life, it's for the afterlife.

Top Bottom