• ...and so much more!
  • Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I didn’t know how to do purple.. the damage looks to be older and scratches are going the wrong direction and they waited 2 days to mention it and by the way my air conditioning just quit working so you need to fix that too.
    :rolleyes:
    I would think the scratches are from before the panel was hit and twisted up from running over curbs and parking spaces stops.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    That's a pretty bogus photo for hitting a 40# dog. Glad to hear Jack's gonna pull thru and on his way to recovering. Perhaps invite the boyfriend over to meet the mastiff.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Tell them you have insurance and insurance requires a police report. A police report requires driver and insurance info. See if they run at the thought of having to provide a valid driver's licence and valid insurance.
    You could give them that option or since your dog was off leash in the road, $200 for damages to her vehicle and a signed statement absolving you from any future liability.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Is that a hole in the bumper?

I immediately thought bullet holes

I didn’t know how to do purple.. the damage looks to be older and scratches are going the wrong direction and they waited 2 days to mention it and by the way my air conditioning just quit working so you need to fix that too.
    :rolleyes:

I'm not saying that those deep, parallel abrasion looks to be aggregate (concrete/curbs/parking bumpers), but I'm saying that ole' Jack isn't made of stone. Your call.

Also, fleshy animals don't usually leave that kind of damage without blood + hair either.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Tell them you have insurance and insurance requires a police report. A police report requires driver and insurance info. See if they run at the thought of having to provide a valid driver's licence and valid insurance.
    You could give them that option or since your dog was off leash in the road, $200 for damages to her vehicle and a signed statement absolving you from any future liability.
    I wouldn't give them $200 even if I had to spend more that that to fight.

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    Here’s what the damage looks like.. 40# dog versus mini Van.. View attachment 278222
    I’m a motor vehicle physical damage appraiser for an insurance company by trade. A 40# dog could definitely do that amount of damage to the bumper (minus the pre-existing curb gouges), but the A/C hasn’t worked since long before the incident in question. Tell him to go fly a kite.

If you need an estimate for your dog, my sister is a Veteranarian.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom