When did armslist become so loaded with ghosts and flakes?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • howdy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2021
    valparaiso
    I completed quite a few smooth deals years ago on armslist. I'm looking to unload a couple pistols to fund something a bit more special, come to find that they're now charging monthly. That sucks ass, but I get the thought process that it's gonna help eliminate potential scammers and stuff. I've gotten quite a few replies, but when the time finally comes to meet up somewhere BOOM!! they fell off the face of the earth, or they'll dick me around asking dumb questions or keep bothering me to trade my stuff for a couple polymer 80s. Actually had one guy try and sell me a burst switch for a glock 17 (nice try atf). Now I'm here venting my frustrations and trying to get to 50 posts so I can buy and sell with the likes of you folks (wouldn't hurt to make a couple gun buddies along the way)

I guess this can be considered my introduction to the INGO community. Moved to Valpo about a year ago and just recently was able to switch my illinois drivers license over to an Indiana (keep the price of school down till I graduated).

Hello Y'all

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Armslist has been the wild west of gun classifieds for as long as I can remember. For more then a decade I've come across scammers, prohibited persons, morons, crackheads, gang bangers, undercover feds, and more than a few cops who knew even less about local laws than my dog.

Scored a bunch of good deals in that time, but also dodged a lot of jon boats and other junk for trade, as well as higher cash offers than my asking prices if I turned a blind eye to the law. You just have to know what you're getting yourself into, and how to navigate it all.

Kinda ironic that the ridiculous paywalls have seemingly created even more scammers.

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 8, 2019
    Larry County
    I have never had any luck at all with Armslist! I’ve also been lucky to only get ripped off once on Gunbroker, which was years ago, I bought 5 magazines and sent money for them, but never got them and Gunbroker was ZERO help. One other time I won an auction for a S&W 629, the seller had some ammo and a holster that I also bought. He shipped it all to my FFL, IN THE SAME BOX! My FFL about had a cow when he found ammo and revolver in the same box! I guess any online transaction seems to have a degree of risk involved.

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    The only website more frustrating than Armslist for classifieds is Facebook marketplace. I swear it's the first place to observe the moral fiber of society disintegrating. I quit Armslist when they wanted my home address, and I'm quite near quitting marketplace. I've gotten 45-50 messages regarding a Jeep for sale and not one serious enough to come look at it.

Lilboog82

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Indiana
    I guess I have been pretty fortunate with arms list dealings, all have been positives. I mean I had to weed out some through text messages but for the most part have always come away pleased.

I have not used them since they started that whole pay thing thoug; and the way it sounds, its not like I'm missing much.

gun broker on the other hand I have used a couple of times and I always go with a listing that is thru a FFL dealer/shop. I refuse to send money to some jo blow and trust him to send me xyz after money sent and gone.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I had a handful of smooth transactions through Arms List. Always as buyer, never seller. I ventured there recently in my quest for Springfield Hellcat. AL wanted me to be a registered member before I could contact a seller. No. Thanks.

999cs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    NWI
    Hello again. I never used Armslist either. I heard too many horror stories that I never bothered. I too heard that you have to pay now to use it. Guess I will definitely never venture into using it now.

Raven312

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2018
    Hammond
    I've bought and sold several guns on Armslist. I only had one person try to scam me in so the years I was using it but my gut told me to be cautious so I told them to get lost. I've even had a trade with someone in Washington State.
    I don't like the change. It's not as easy to navigate and not as many people posting.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

sig-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    North
    I got on Armslist a couple weeks ago. Couldn't see the asking price for about half the items. I guess you now need to be a member to even see if there is a deal worth having? I understand the membership thing to sell and buy, But was hoping to still browse for free and then decide if you wanted to pull the trigger on a membership. I know. I want my cake and all that too...

Top Bottom