• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    so here I am making my best attempt to follow the laws of the land no matter how stupid and unconstitutional they may be ( **** the feds).

If I was to put in a form 1 for an SBR at what point in the process do I take my lower and get it engraved? Do I do it prior to submission? During pending time? After approved tax stamp is received?

Also does anyone know who in the Indy area does this?

I’ve been thinking about doing this for a long time and now that I’ve got a suppressor in jail I’m thinking why the hell not.

tca1352

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    so here I am making my best attempt to follow the laws of the land no matter how stupid and unconstitutional they may be ( **** the feds).

If I was to put in a form 1 for an SBR at what point in the process do I take my lower and get it engraved? Do I do it prior to submission? During pending time? After approved tax stamp is received?

Also does anyone know who in the Indy area does this?

I’ve been thinking about doing this for a long time and now that I’ve got a suppressor in jail I’m thinking why the hell not.
    Had mine engraved at LaserScribe on Southeast side. I waited until i had my stamp in hand

arty8

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Prior to submission, you have to submit a picture of the engraving. SNR guns in Plainfield did mine, there is a thread with a list on engravers in the NFA section, I believe.

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    Name or Trust - Per your Form 1, Section 3b line 1
    City and State - Per your Form 1, Section 3b

I take that as after you’ve been approved. Use that information to engrave on your firearm. That’s how I’ve done mine.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Wait til you have the approved form and stamp in hand (or cached electronically).
    Engraving and form must match. If there is a spelling or serial number mistake on the form (rare, but possible) you engrave what the form says, unless you want to resubmit and wait all over again.
    If form and engraving don't match, you are not in compliance.

Last edited:

ArevaloSocom

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2014
    Hobart
    I used this guy. He is fantastic.

For the HK he put it inside the rail where the MP5 A3 slides over. It's very hidden.

For ARs on inside lip of the mag well. Again very hidden.

I have taken everything to him. His work is top notch

Top Bottom