• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lefty Red

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2021
    SEMO
    For a good Kydex holster, especially AIWB, I just don’t think you can beat JM Customs. Have several of Tony’s holsters for my Glocks and makes carrying a G17/22 size very comfortable.

I like his simple OWB Road Dog holster too.

For strong side carry IWB carry, which I have all but given up on with a shoulder replacement and awaiting for the other, hard to beat the DeSantis Invader or Intruder. One is synthetic backing and the other is leather, can’t remember. I liked the leather one so I could punch holes to adjust the cant for larger pistols.

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    I'm running a cooks holster with the ulticlip. I really like it. I can carry with shorts, sweatpants or regular jeans etc. It's the most versatile holster I have. Many companies now have that as an option now. If carrying appendix my wife has the axis elite and it's very solid. You can do flips with that thing onand it doesn't go anywhere.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I am using a g-code stealth with my mp shield. I like it a lot but I feel like it cants sometimes due to the single clip it uses. I have a tier 1 aiwb sidecar type holster on order so I'm hoping that one stays more planted.

Jon Smith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2021
    Warsaw
    Well fellas, I hate to admit it but I am one of those guys with the "holster drawer". Sure could have saved myself a lot of grief (and money) if I had found you guys much sooner.

30 or 40 years ago I prefered a 5" 1911 in a horizontal shoulder rig. I found, over the years, that this may not be the best way to go for all occasions and events.

I then began to favor a leather pancake style OWB holster and have moved to a 4" 1911. A few years later my wife bought me a Wright Leather Works Cruiser IWB. I still use it from tome to time and still in the "3:30" position like the OWB holster.

My absolute favorite was the Crossbreed Supertuk for my XD service model.

As of late, since I have began to grow, eh, mature, I have started to use more Kydex as I do not have to give up precious waisteline space.

Every now and then I throw in an XDS in kydex. Yes, these are all 45 acp. I like short, fat and slow.

You ask "Jon, why 3 guns?" I would answer "because 4 can get uncomfortable!"

So there you have it! I cannot help guide anyone with holster selection. Now that I am retired maybe I should start weeding out those holsters, I could probably afford to go somewhere warm! Ha, ha, ha!

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I used G-Code for a while until I got a light, and have carried Bravo Concealment for a long time for AIWB and OWB.

20211104_211307.jpg

20211104_211248.jpg

They're out of Texas and usually have sales or specials. Each of these holsters came with a mag caddie each. Free shipping and lifetime warranty.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom