Whats the stupidest thing you've heard at gun store/range?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    I've held slides closed with my thumb on many occasions. How many times have you done it? It's not hard at all.
    Correct...this is taught in classes. Not hard at all, especially with low "energy" weapons like 9mm.

Same effect but different version...probably more realistic for self defense situations.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    If your gonna grab a slide you might as well try to push it back a little too so it is out of battery and takes away that one shot as well.
    That's more of a "this gun will still shoot one shot" if a gun-grab / fight for our gun comes in to play.

I see where you're coming from, though. As if you're the guy grabbing for someone's gun and don't want it to fire into you / someone else you can try and move the gun out of battery. Good luck!

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    That's more of a "this gun will still shoot one shot" if a gun-grab / fight for our gun comes in to play.

I see where you're coming from, though. As if you're the guy grabbing for someone's gun and don't want it to fire into you / someone else you can try and move the gun out of battery. Good luck!
    Desperate times call for desperate measures.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    How about never? Never works for me.
    Never. We're not even two years into this train-wreck of his presidency...damn...I hate even acknowledging that fact. Even Obama said: "Never underestimate Biden's ability to **ck things up." Someone's pulling the Brandon puppet strings...

Just makes me sick to see the damage he's done to our country in such little time. But...Dems...and Trump-haters: you wanted this, you voted for this, what did you THINK was going to happen?

LGBFJB

Sorry I got off topic, but I hear this in every LGS I go into as well.

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    Years ago, I was at a gun store in Hayward, CA. A guy at the counter was examining a taser. He placed the tines against the palm of his other hand to test the effectiveness and squeezed the trigger. His words convinced me that the taser worked quite well. I continued down the aisle trying not to fall over laughing.

Kernelkrink

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2016
    grant county
    If your gonna grab a slide you might as well try to push it back a little too so it is out of battery and takes away that one shot as well.

Trying to use the gun to shoot the other guy to end the gun wrestling match? How "low speed and high drag"!

This was an article in a "tactical" magazine not overheard in a gunshop, but I always thought it was pretty stupid. What to do if the SWAT officer's MP5 is grabbed by the muzzle by the bad guy and he is trying to take it away from him. The prescribed remedy according to the author was to essentially let go of the subgun and pivot the stock into his face as hard as you can using the muzzle in his hands as the fulcrum. This would make the perp rethink his actions.

Silly me, since the dumbass is A: trying to take the gun away from you creating a justifiable use of deadly force and B: is helpfully using both hands to aim it at himself, it seems to me the proper course of action is to apply about 7-8 lbs of pull to the trigger. After flipping the selector to "Fun" of course! Problem solved, likely permanently and saving countless hours of paperwork in the future for his fellow officers.

Top Bottom