Whats the stupidest thing you've heard at gun store/range?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Dunno if true or not but sounds legit. Lots of folks in Marion just South of Wabash have relatives from Maysville, KY. Story dad always told (he was from Maysville) was that during WWII a factory here was short on workers. Now, women took up a lot of the slack but ya still needed big strong guys for some jobs. One of the guys working there was from Maysville and he knew a lot of guys there were unemployed. So one Friday night he grabs a bus and heads down there along with one of the management guys. They stop at a bar and buy everybody drinks on the company dime until they are falling down drunk and then offer them a ride home. Next morning they wake up in beautiful Marion, Indiana with a choice: Go to work for the plant or find their own way home with the $3.27 they have in their pocket. Extra perk, your first month's rent would be paid by the plant so you would have someplace to live until your first few paychecks. Most stayed.

With the large amount of transplanted Kentuckians in the Wabash area I would bet a lot of them came there for jobs during WWII. Hopefully of their own free will, but ya know how quickly a new "management technique" will spread once it becomes known how successful it can be!
    For many many years there has been a Lee County, Va reunion based in Noblesville.
    Lots of people right up 421 to escape the coal mines, my father in laws father included. Many came to Firestone.

Let’s hear it for the Pennington Gap/Pucketts Creek crowd!

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Where we live in Southern Indiana there are a lot of people from Hazard KY/Perry County. I have family members from there. The story they related was in the 1930's it was as far as you could go on a tank of gas so that is where they stayed. My Father in Law said it was what his family did in 1938.

Don

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I worked at a gun club hitting the button to release the target, among other things.

A 12 gauge going off beside me as the shooter and I were walking up to the first skeet station...

Look down in the snow, there's a blast pattern about a foot away from me.

Lesson for him, don't put your gloved finger in the trigger while walking. Walked off the field and into the club house.

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    Before the hi power was discontinued I went to a shop and asked if they had any. The employee laughs and said, “No those are junk”

I politely said “Browning hi power, not high point.”

He gave me a confused look and said, “Browning doesn’t make high points, high points are made in Ohio.”

I thanked him and left. That shop is no longer open.

Rayz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2020
    Martinsville
    At the range last Friday morning, only a couple other people out there so I get to chatting with them. One guy was shooting a 18"x18" paper target at 7 yards, shows me the roughly 6" group he shot with his Keltec Sub 2000. Then he shows me another 18"x18" target with holes all over the entire thing, only slightly more concentrated near the middle, and says, "And this one I shot with my pistol, but it's a 40, so it's not very accurate."
    That's funny

Top Bottom