What's the best suppressor for the money?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BAgun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2021
    Bluffton
    I'm looking for a suppressor mainly for my AR15 but also would like one for my 9mm. I've done some research and wanted to see if anyone had suggestions for the best suppressor for the best price.

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    You’re asking too much of a single suppressor…they make many different kinds for many different uses.

The hybrid46 will ‘get you there’ but will by no means be a ‘one size fits all.’

Concentrate on suppressing one firearm or group of firearms at a time. I have one for my AK’s and one for my 30cals…next will be one for 22’s.

Runngun01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2022
    Pekin, IN
    I also believe you should separate the 9mm from the AR can. I do use .30 cal rifle cans for my 223’s but I use 9mm specific cans for the 9mm.

Finding a suppressor that does everything is just like trying to find an AR that does everything. You can get one, but it will not excel at anything, just be an all around unit.

Revdev86

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Central Indiana
    I'm looking for a suppressor mainly for my AR15 but also would like one for my 9mm. I've done some research and wanted to see if anyone had suggestions for the best suppressor for the best price.
    What’d did you end up going with? Should be about approval time if you purchased around the time of this threads start.

BAgun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2021
    Bluffton
    What’d did you end up going with? Should be about approval time if you purchased around the time of this threads start.
    I ended up getting the Rugged Obsidian. Seemed like a decent balance for the 9mm and I can shoot 300bo subs. I'm at 261 days since it started pending and I did the electronic form 4. The wait is killing me.

ShimmeringTrees

Amish Jack Wagon
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2023
    Indiana
    I ended up getting the Rugged Obsidian. Seemed like a decent balance for the 9mm and I can shoot 300bo subs. I'm at 261 days since it started pending and I did the electronic form 4. The wait is killing me.
    I was going to say Rugged Obsidian. I have it in the 45 cal. I like it because it is universal, and it is almost Hollywood quiet on my FNX 45 Tactical. Furthermore, you can change out the end cap for 9mm.

Refrigerator27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 18, 2022
    Noblesville
    Just a heads up, be mindful of using a rugged obsidian for 9mm (assuming you have a 45 can). Lots of people on Reddit and other forums have mentioned getting endcap strikes using .45 cans on a 9mm with 9mm end caps. YMMV

Refrigerator27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 18, 2022
    Noblesville
    here are some of the links. All this to say, I have a .45 (Hybrid 46M) can I use on all my rifles and handguns and it’s fantastic, but people should be aware of this.

Reddit

Pew science says to leave the .45 endcap on due to tolerances

AR-15 forum

Maryland shooters

Bowling_R

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Guilford
    Look at the YHM line, I picked up the Resinator R2 and couldn't be happier with the results from this can.
    I picked up the R9 model when it was on sale and use that for 9mm.

Jarvitron

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2023
    Indianapolis
    Trying to buy one for both rifle and pistol is a recipe for disappointment but YHM is the value leader to beat (cheap enough you could go ahead and buy one for rifle and one for pistol for about what a single deadair would cost). Make sure you google "YHM baffle strike warranty" and read up about the various problems people have had with YHM though.

Top Bottom