• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Whatever happened to acid rain and the new ice age? I remember all this stuff from the 70s and 80s but it seemed to fade away. I remember seeing all the graphs, Adirondack lake PH levels, dying trees, and SO2 migration maps. Lots of "settled science" there that vanished from the headlines of big media.

Some time ago senators Tim Wirth and John Heinz put up "Project 88" legislation, where the idea was to harness American market and economic forces to improve the environment. The theory being that if you could make money on them, environmental regulations would be easier to implement. Just who got the money of course was decided by the government. No less an altruistic CEO than Ken Lay of Enron lobbied Bill Clinton and Al Gore on carbon trading in 97 to get the ball rolling. As Enron had huge investments in natural gas pipelines, if you could force power generation off of coal by carbon trading, you could make a fortune by substituting Enron's gas. Goldman Sachs jumped on the idea of carbon trading and Chicago Climate Exchange, an American version of it's European counterpart, looked to make huge money as soon as it got off the ground. Alas Enron, turned out to be run by frauds, much like Solyndra in the future, and the recession of 2008 reminded Americans that the global warming boogieman wasn't as important as watching their investments collapse. We seem to go from one collapsing scam to another as an endless stream of government backed and big media promoted medicine shows fleece the American economy. The green fraud looks endless as it's cult of supporters never fades.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Hopefully we've taught them that government doesn't know what the **** it is doing and 'experts' don't know any better than anyone else
    That's the basics of what I recently just told my 8 yr old grandson. Also did a visual and made talking hands and asked him how do we know when government is lying....their mouths are moving. He liked that and had said something about Ukraine earlier. I told him it's the same with modern news. I think he'll remember the visual.

Oh and on the acid rain topic, I did a report at school in that in the 80s! Typed it up on the Atari 800 word processer program! Used to work in a profession where the environmental part was mainly just an unnecessary delay to get to the real progress of the job.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    Hopefully we've taught them that government doesn't know what the **** it is doing and 'experts' don't know any better than anyone else
    Oh man, I’ve been schooling my 7 year old son on our freedoms and how the government has been over stepping their bounds.

Talked to him about the ATF going door to door, mask mandates, 2A etc.

Been instilling in him the fact that we are free men under God and the Constitution.

Talked about the Apostle Paul being a Roman and how he knew his rights.

Then one night as I’m putting him to bed, I told him he had to do something that he didn’t want to do (can’t remember what it was).

He responds with “But I thought I was free?”

After I stopped cracking up laughing, I informed him, while he’s under my roof, he’s free to do what I tell him lol.

They are listening :)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Whatever happened to acid rain and the new ice age? I remember all this stuff from the 70s and 80s but it seemed to fade away. I remember seeing all the graphs, Adirondack lake PH levels, dying trees, and SO2 migration maps. Lots of "settled science" there that vanished from the headlines of big media.

Some time ago senators Tim Wirth and John Heinz put up "Project 88" legislation, where the idea was to harness American market and economic forces to improve the environment. The theory being that if you could make money on them, environmental regulations would be easier to implement. Just who got the money of course was decided by the government. No less an altruistic CEO than Ken Lay of Enron lobbied Bill Clinton and Al Gore on carbon trading in 97 to get the ball rolling. As Enron had huge investments in natural gas pipelines, if you could force power generation off of coal by carbon trading, you could make a fortune by substituting Enron's gas. Goldman Sachs jumped on the idea of carbon trading and Chicago Climate Exchange, an American version of it's European counterpart, looked to make huge money as soon as it got off the ground. Alas Enron, turned out to be run by frauds, much like Solyndra in the future, and the recession of 2008 reminded Americans that the global warming boogieman wasn't as important as watching their investments collapse. We seem to go from one collapsing scam to another as an endless stream of government backed and big media promoted medicine shows fleece the American economy. The green fraud looks endless as it's cult of supporters never fades.

They lie about this garbage in order to gain power, make money, or both. When their BS gets called, or it starts to look like their lies are just that, they switch gears and come up with some other, similar topic. This continues to this day with the climate change / green agenda boondoggle that is about nothing other than destroying the greatest country on earth.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    No, Fashion saved the ozone layer. Remember these ladies? When millions of teen girls stopped using a half can of Aquanet per day, the hole closed back up. No, I didnt forget the purple. LOL

80s-very-big-hair-6.jpg

More

Last edited:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    No, Fashion saved the ozone layer. Remember these ladies? When millions of teen girls stopped using a half can of Aquanet per day, the hole closed back up. No, I didnt forget the purple. LOL

80s-very-big-hair-6.jpg

More

Compelling evidence for why the hair spray ozone thing was real. Man people were nuts back then.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Acid rain and the ozone scare went away, because technology and engineering figured out ways to solve them that didn't involve the government reverting everyone's standard of living back to an arbitrary date 30 years in the past.

...Drat.

The environmental movement didn't make that mistake again.

Flash-hider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    I am a farmer. For the first time ever we had to start fertilizing with sulfur.
    It has always been supplied by burning fossil fuel. In the last few years the soil tests started showing a decrees. Last year the corn was hurt by a lack of sulfur.
    In my corner in Michigan, we wouldn't need to add sulfur to the fertilizer because of the "sulfur drift" we would get from the steel mills in Gary. About 20-25 years ago the sulfur deficiencies began appearing because the emissions were getting cleaner.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

That's like asking "what happened to all that hubbub over lead exposure, did the science change?" No. We quit using lead paint, putting lead in gasoline, lead in our pipes, and now people in the US generally don't suffer from lead exposure. Similarly, regulations changed in the developed western world, the root cause was addressed, the problem was fixed...for us. China still has an issue and the acidification of their soil is causing them concern about their own food security.

But hey, suck down a nice lead slurry if you like...you know you have your eye on one. Don't let big media or settled science dissuade you. Just another plot from the man. :D

Top Bottom