• ...and so much more!
  • Mij

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Can I say I just dont want to go? Doesn't sound fun at all. But if I could go back to like the roaring 20s or even just 1955.
    That I might try that
    55 Been there, wasn’t impressed the first time. Lots of polio ya know. Now the 20’s that’s a bit different. But not much. That’s it for my days fantasies.

JTClark

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2022
    America
    This all assumes I’d show up in colonial North America east of the Mississippi.

I’d convert all wealth and credit availability into gold coin and bar. With inflation that would buy me enough land and everything I would need to farm it. I’m thinking most of the Louisiana Purchase.

Firearms and ammo to defend it long enough to make the point, don’t F with me or mine. Several cases each of bourbon, Life Straws, aspirin, penicillin and Franks hot sauce. Finally and most importantly a copy of the Declaration and Constitution to save time if I should live another 50 years after arrival.

That should establish me as a god for the remainder of my days. 300 years ago most everything else I would need would be available. And I would go back without hesitating!
    Sports record books, History of the NY stock exchange. Aspirin and copies of patents. All the gold and silver I could gather. Property record books. Apprentice handbooks for millwrights, carpenter, electrician. A history of the rail roads. A history of treasure finds on land and sea. A political history of the world. Fill in the rest of the space with idodine, water purifiers, and pint bottles of whiskey.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Books, English language. And yes, download before leaving, spend a few minutes setting up a queue and let it download while doing other things.

A lighter would make you worshiped as well. Along with a bunch of other things, image their reaction to showing them a movie on a tablet. As long as you didn't get burned at the stake for being a witch... Heck bring along instructions on how to make matches from supplies that were obtainable then.
    A gross of large Roman Candles.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    Go and live on a 30' sailboat and I bet you change your opinion.
    My previous post was in response to the earlier post of people who mentioned taking very little with them. I meant they had room for a lot more than they were listing. I have no interest in living on a boat of any size. I used to work for the Navy as a civilian electronics engineer, and I felt claustrophobic on the Battleships. LOL.

Last edited:

Knight Rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Michiana
    Maybe I missed a post or two, but I’ve not noticed anyone bringing along a significant other. That may be illustrative.

I shall ponder while my wife berates me for spending too much time “on that damn phone”.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    @smokingman would just walk away... and keep walking... and walking... and walking...
    Did you forget that I enjoy hot showers? A nice wood fired water heater,chainsaw,and probably a hydrolic log splitter,and things to build a water tower with windmill pump would likely be a priority :)
    Couple of solar panels for sure,to charge all my 18V Ridgid tools(I would take them all). Lots of screws.
    The best shovel I could find,and loads of hand tools(axes,chisels,bark spud,pick ect). My pack(with extra food)I could live with just it for at least 2 weeks without even hunting. Winter sleeping bags as well. Nice wood stove/oven and a cast iron tub(which I could put lots of things in so space loss would be minimal). Stove pipe. Medical supplies(loads could fit in the stove antibiotics,staple gun, ect). Quality skinning knives and beads to trade with the locals.

Couple of laptops(could charge with the solar). Few Terabytes of books and information about just about anything on them from medical to manufacturing,maps, and chemistry.

Coal stove. I can still to this day walk down to the creek at my property and parts of it are lined with huge slabs of coal(this area was founded on the coal mines).

Salt. Stored in Mason Jars(every bit of "Free" space). All American canner. A couple jars of sugar(I can grow sugar beets and even have seeds on hand already,salt on the other hand would be tough in this area).

Smokingman toasty warm with a hot shower.
    Of course guns and ammo. Seeds. Lots of seeds. Books in water proof totes. If I still had room I would likely bring a couple of females,that had skills and wanted to go. You know enough for a harem. Maybe that is just me though lol.(I would even give up the log splitter if I had to. :(

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Did you forget that I enjoy hot showers? A nice wood fired water heater,chainsaw,and probably a hydrolic log splitter,and things to build a water tower with windmill pump would likely be a priority :)
    Couple of solar panels for sure,to charge all my 18V Ridgid tools(I would take them all). Lots of screws.
    The best shovel I could find,and loads of hand tools(axes,chisels,bark spud,pick ect). My pack(with extra food)I could live with just it for at least 2 weeks without even hunting. Winter sleeping bags as well. Nice wood stove/oven and a cast iron tub(which I could put lots of things in so space loss would be minimal). Stove pipe. Medical supplies(loads could fit in the stove antibiotics,staple gun, ect). Quality skinning knives and beads to trade with the locals.

Coal stove. I can still to this day walk down to the creek at my property and parts of it are lined with huge slabs of coal(this area was founded on the coal mines).

Of course guns and ammo. Seeds. Lots of seeds. Books in water proof totes. IF I still had plenty of room I would likely bring a couple of females,that had skills and wanted to go. You know enough for a harem. Maybe that is just me though lol.
    No, I was just replying to Frosty saying that Saturday is "Give smokingman a hard time day". I meant that if I tried to give you a hard time, you would just walk away. It was a lame attempt at humor. :):

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle

Couple of laptops(could charge with the solar). Few Terabytes of books and information about just about anything on them from medical to manufacturing,maps, and chemistry.

Salt. Stored in Mason Jars(every bit of "Free" space). All American canner. A couple jars of sugar(I can grow sugar beets and even have seeds on hand already,salt on the other hand would be tough in this area).

Of course guns and ammo. Seeds. Lots of seeds. Books in water proof totes. If I still had room I would likely bring a couple of females,that had skills and wanted to go. You know enough for a harem. Maybe that is just me though lol.(I would even give up the log splitter if I had to. :(
    Don’t forget a fishing pole. I bet the fishing then would be ridiculously easy with today’s equipment! I’d be stuffed full of fish! :drool:

thelefthand

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    This ties into a though I've had for any decades. What if you could travel back to the Alamo with 100 Marine Recon soldiers kitted out with today's equipment, could they hold the Alamo? Assuming they could bring supporting supplies (ammo, first aid/trauma kits, mortars etc), could they hold the mexican army off until Houston could get the troops needed to defeat Santa Ana? Say.... 4 MaDuece's, 4 dedicated snipers etc.
    1 marine recon team member, 4 or 5 run of the mill AR15s, and a sufficient supply of ammo would have been enough to overtake any infantry unit on the planet 300 years ago. If the ammunition supply is sufficient, the term any could be replaced by every.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    This ties into a though I've had for any decades. What if you could travel back to the Alamo with 100 Marine Recon soldiers kitted out with today's equipment, could they hold the Alamo? Assuming they could bring supporting supplies (ammo, first aid/trauma kits, mortars etc), could they hold the mexican army off until Houston could get the troops needed to defeat Santa Ana? Say.... 4 MaDuece's, 4 dedicated snipers etc.
    I'd def want the infinite ammo cheat.

stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    Considering my current health it would be a "no-go"(Type2 Diabetes).
    Barring that, Books on Primitive Survival, durable wool/Leather clothing, Boots/moccasins, blankets, sturdy Edge tools(Large Gurkha Kukri,Warhawk,etc.)7.62/.308 Bolt Gun(Converted Lee-Enfield #4 MKII?), Saiga 12 and good Drums, .357/.38 Revolver, Ammo/repair/Reloading supplies, dried/preserved food.

All enclosed on a Secured heavy duty/Wide Wheelbased, Team Driven Wagon that I could stay in as well as travel.

As for those wanting to start a Harem/Sex Cult.
    Keep in mind you will have to rethink/ lower your standards as to what is Desirable/attractive.
    Beauty,Makeup and Hygiene products will not exist for awhile.
    Have a strong nose.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom