What will you do when the riot reaches your neighborhood?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    This sounds like the best option to me. Flee and let insurance take care of it.

I am not far from you and would be happy to help :)

Thank you. Let's hope it doesn't come to that. (This being Evansville, I think the chances of some kind of Minneapolis on the Ohio are slim)

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I've given this a lot of thought. I live in a neighborhood that has 83 homes on a 3/4 mile oval with a cul-de-sac (looks like a giant capital Q). What fence there is? It is in places where no one will come from, it would take a significant force to secure the perimeter. So entering the neighborhood will happen.

Our house is 250 yards from one entrance, over 100 yards across grass from the other. The neighborhood has pretty good communication. Where we are located I don't look for a SHTF situation, but we'll know soon enough if it does.

I'm 55 years old. I've never had to unholster a handgun or chamber a round in a self-defense situation. I could go another 55 years continuing this trend. There are certain things that will end this streak.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I'm not gonna let a group of clowns burn my house down...I'll take my chances, but I will defend my house and family. The line holds HERE! I will have to be stubborn if they come.

rb288

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2019
    Grovertown
    Some responses have said to let the insurance take care of the damage.
    Well, most insurance policies don't cover damage caused by riots.
    I agree with the sentiment that you can't just shoot them, however.....
    a person, on my property, attempting to throw a fire bomb/molotove cocktail is a threat to the lives, and safety, of my family and me, and would be shot.
    Anyone attempting to loot my property would be shot also, for the same reason, a threat to the lives, and safety, of my family and me.
    May sound harsh, but, I will not allow my loved ones to be put in harm's way because of a bunch of radical idiots.
    I didn't spend 10 years in the military learning skills to turn and run away when threatened.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    Wrong.

That's just how it starts. It will always end in bloodshed. The facade of civilized society will just make it take longer to get to that point.

I highly doubt it will get to Revolutionary War level of bloodshed, or even higher than the current level of bloodshed in the streets that goes on every day. The violent ones wanting a revolution (ANTIFA) are way out-numbered... and I'm not even talking about by armed citizens. I've seen these violent protesters firsthand, and they are only brave in numbers, and numbers is one thing they don't have. They use peaceful protesters to mask their numbers, and when the violence rings out (gunfire), all you have left is a few firing shots as they run away scared.

The only way the extreme leftist ideas will gain ground is in elections. Social media paints a large picture, but the reality is most of these people thinking and acting this way are juveniles and very young adults, especially the violent ones.

Trust me, I've seen firsthand their violence, and have gone towards their gunfire. They're cowards.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    These people rioting don’t have the stones to go outside their comfort zones. They only riot where they know it’s safe.

That's it right there.

There will be plenty of like minded folks between the liberal metro's, where they let these heathens break laws without abandon, and where we don't have have lines of riot clad officers, being ordered to stand down.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    They violate my curtilage and I'll talk to the law after they're buried in the back 40.

If they are not armed you can't shoot them, and the people on the front lines are never armed. Less than lethal? They rush your property, what do you do?

Cryppie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2020
    US
    Some responses have said to let the insurance take care of the damage.
    Well, most insurance policies don't cover damage caused by riots.
    I agree with the sentiment that you can't just shoot them, however.....
    a person, on my property, attempting to throw a fire bomb/molotove cocktail is a threat to the lives, and safety, of my family and me, and would be shot.
    Anyone attempting to loot my property would be shot also, for the same reason, a threat to the lives, and safety, of my family and me.
    May sound harsh, but, I will not allow my loved ones to be put in harm's way because of a bunch of radical idiots.
    I didn't spend 10 years in the military learning skills to turn and run away when threatened.

For any other veterans out there with USAA homeowners insurance, you'll be happy to hear that USAA will cover rioting and/or civil commotion. They will not cover war.

rb, you most likely wouldn't see the person/people throwing the fire bomb/brick/bottle since they usually stay well behind the first line of "peaceful" protesters. I think it is much easier said than done defending your property from a rioting mob. Even a good shoot, which would be very hard to prove if shooting into a crowd, will most likely put you behind bars and rack up thousands in legal fees.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I highly doubt it will get to Revolutionary War level of bloodshed, or even higher than the current level of bloodshed in the streets that goes on every day. The violent ones wanting a revolution (ANTIFA) are way out-numbered... and I'm not even talking about by armed citizens. I've seen these violent protesters firsthand, and they are only brave in numbers, and numbers is one thing they don't have. They use peaceful protesters to mask their numbers, and when the violence rings out (gunfire), all you have left is a few firing shots as they run away scared.

The only way the extreme leftist ideas will gain ground is in elections. Social media paints a large picture, but the reality is most of these people thinking and acting this way are juveniles and very young adults, especially the violent ones.

Trust me, I've seen firsthand their violence, and have gone towards their gunfire. They're cowards.

The extreme left has become the mainstream democratic party. Medicare for illegals, open borders, gun confiscation, erasure of history, dissolution of culture, etc.

You may think they're a minority, but evidence continues to gather that they actually are not a minority, it's just that they'll vote to have someone else do these actions to you rather than do it themselves. That's the only difference between antifa and democrats.

If that becomes the law of the land, and people reject it... Do you really think we can simply coexist and tolerate their existence when they call us evil and nazis? No, they'll ratchet up as far as is necessary, up to and including war, to get their way. It's a revenge culture that does not believe in the constitution, they see the constitution as a document that created white supremacy.

Last edited:

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    let insurance take care of it.

I have seen the protestors yell this at those who refuse to allow their businesses, churches and homes from being vandalized, looted and burned down.

As someone who has been in the insurance business for 20 years now, most insurance does not cover "riots" or "civil unrest". And there are many, many things that insurance can never replace.

However, this does not address the root of the issue. Why is it these rioters think they have the right to destroy another person's property with no consequences?

I have heard the protestors say during interviews that they are convinced that only through destruction can they prove the seriousness of their cause. However, if they really believed that, why don't they ever offer to destroy their own businesses or homes? Surely if destruction of property will advance a cause, and these people are truly serious about the worthiness of their cause, then wouldn't the destruction of their own property bring more positive attention and confirmation of the dedication to their cause?

But no, it's OK to destroy everyone else's stuff, but don't mess with their stuff. That just confirms that those who are destroying things do not care about a cause. They are just doing it for money or the joy of seeding anarchy.

It is my opinion that those who would run away from their home to allow the mob to loot at burn it down as they see fit are in support of lawlessness.

You see, when a bully starts pushing you around, you will never be free as long as you allow yourself to be subjected to mistreatment. Why would they stop when they have nothing to loose? Start standing up to the bully and they will learn that there is something to loose and they will have to suddenly decide if the consequences you are willing to deliver are worth the payoff. The worse the consequences the more likely they will leave before encountering said consequences.

In this time we must stand together to stand up to the bully. I have no disagreement or animosity toward those who peacefully assemble for whatever cause. But we MUST not allow those who hurt others and destroy property to continue if they enter our sphere. For those who destroy, allowing the destruction is the same as approving and supporting it.

I live in a small town and many in our housing addition on the edge of town are pro 2nd amendment, pro self-defense minded people. Violence and destruction of property will not be tolerated here.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Will this be paying on a loudspeaker system? I don't know if it works quite the same just playing it through earbuds.

If you have a combine, it'd be the ultimate riot control vehicle.

Just throw a good sound system in it and blare craig morgan.

[video=youtube;ePjFAZKWKVo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePjFAZKWKVo[/video]

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Cryppie, If it is a peaceful protest walking down my street, I have no problem waving as they pass. If the houses down the street are being looted and burned I will put one 00 buck over their heads, level the shotty at them and COMMAND them to disperse.

If they do, all is well. If they press on to my property they are all felons and will be shot. Arson is a felony.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    For any other veterans out there with USAA homeowners insurance, you'll be happy to hear that USAA will cover rioting and/or civil commotion. They will not cover war.

rb, you most likely wouldn't see the person/people throwing the fire bomb/brick/bottle since they usually stay well behind the first line of "peaceful" protesters. I think it is much easier said than done defending your property from a rioting mob. Even a good shoot, which would be very hard to prove if shooting into a crowd, will most likely put you behind bars and rack up thousands in legal fees.
    Molotov cocktails can’t hide from a thermal scope. :dunno:

Top Bottom