What will you do when the riot reaches your neighborhood?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    Post up inside. As soon as they cross the threshold its game on. Cop across the street and I will watch each others back.

I guess it depends on what is going on outside where I would draw the line. Once they step about 3' off the sidewalk towards the house, they are on private property and trespassing. It could be game on before they reach the threshold.

Cryppie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2020
    US
    All I can say is wow. Telling me to settle down? I asked a question, and a good one at that if I may say. How is that stirring up the mob? The quote of mine you replied to is what we will see. 200 "peaceful" demonstrators will be reported by the media. The people in the back throwing and destroying. How do you defend against that?

DadSmith, you think I'm Antifa? Why, because it's a good question and likely to happen? No, 100% America loving conservative here worried about the future of my family. I can post a pic of my firearms for proof if you want :) 5 generations of law enforcement in my immediate family that we know of.

I'm aware many are in the sticks and yes I'm jealous but please don't forget those of us that aren't. We will be front line whether we like it or not.

We have already seen and heard groups saying, ‘You know what, we’re going to the white neighborhoods and tear up their neighborhoods. We’re going to Bloomingdales, Beverly Hills, the Grove, all those places". BLM co-founder said “We are not willing to enable white folks with wealth to retreat to their places of refuge". John Kerry said a Trump victory could provoke a revolution.

What do you think that revolution will look like? It's not going to be shirts vs skins, blue vs red, etc. Right would dominate the left and they know that. I think we will see the same as we saw with the demonstrations but bigger. You put "peaceful" protesters in neighborhoods with some looking to destroy intermingled within, that would be hard to stop and that is where my question is born. I think many with bug out kits, SHTF bags, etc. are preparing for something completely different. If your neighborhood is getting burned, I hope you can grab your guns and ammo before it burns but you still won't be able to use them. That is my point and my question. What do you do?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    All I can say is wow. Telling me to settle down? I asked a question, and a good one at that if I may say. How is that stirring up the mob? The quote of mine you replied to is what we will see. 200 "peaceful" demonstrators will be reported by the media. The people in the back throwing and destroying. How do you defend against that?

DadSmith, you think I'm Antifa? Why, because it's a good question and likely to happen? No, 100% America loving conservative here worried about the future of my family. I can post a pic of my firearms for proof if you want :) 5 generations of law enforcement in my immediate family that we know of.

I'm aware many are in the sticks and yes I'm jealous but please don't forget those of us that aren't. We will be front line whether we like it or not.

We have already seen and heard groups saying, ‘You know what, we’re going to the white neighborhoods and tear up their neighborhoods. We’re going to Bloomingdales, Beverly Hills, the Grove, all those places". BLM co-founder said “We are not willing to enable white folks with wealth to retreat to their places of refuge". John Kerry said a Trump victory could provoke a revolution.

What do you think that revolution will look like? It's not going to be shirts vs skins, blue vs red, etc. Right would dominate the left and they know that. I think we will see the same as we saw with the demonstrations but bigger. You put "peaceful" protesters in neighborhoods with some looking to destroy intermingled within, that would be hard to stop and that is where my question is born. I think many with bug out kits, SHTF bags, etc. are preparing for something completely different. If your neighborhood is getting burned, I hope you can grab your guns and ammo before it burns but you still won't be able to use them. That is my point and my question. What do you do?

Yes that is right I told you to settle down. That is at my discretion. You are stirring a pot that has been at boil for a while. Look t the responses. Thats is my point. This has been discussed/argued/discussed some more/dissected and reserected. Why can I not spell resurected

So if you want to get dicey with me OK. But you are new here so just listen please.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    I live just outside the north side of Evansville, surrounded by literally tens of thousands of homes, mostly subdivisions reflecting a variety of income classes. Mostly middle class with a healthy portion of upper class McMansions.

Should the mob reach out this far it will be preceeded by social media warnings, fleeing cars, sirens, towering columns of smoke and gunshots.

I will have to choose to fight or flee, but either way I'm sending my wife and daughters out of town to family in the country. If I can scrounge up enough armed and ready neighbors, I'll fight for my home. If not, I'll probably fight for my home anyway.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Well I had what I thought was a comical line but I"ll just go with this:draw::laugh::popcorn:Don't get too serious about these "what if" situations. 95% of what you worry about never comes to pass.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT]

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Your original post assumed the rioters weren't armed. A molotov cocktail, to me, is a weapon. My life and my family is now in immediate danger so, game on.

If a person is about to use a Molotov Cocktail just shoot the Cocktail that should get the bad guy and scatter the mob. The bad guy would definitely feel the burn.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    If they are not armed you can't shoot them, and the people on the front lines are never armed. Less than lethal? They rush your property, what do you do?

rdZsTX7.jpg

Doesn't matter if they're unarmed, if they're pushing into my property.
    And I'd fight anyone with the same level of force if they consider that action to be unjust, because beyond the law alone, it is morally imperative that you are allowed to defend your castle.
    If doing so is going to send me to prison for life, then I don't care to live anymore.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise

You are correct. A modern day American Revolution will not be fought or won like those of past. It will be a swing in majority mindset and followed by legislation. The revolution will be done quietly, and with ink. The polls are where we will see if this current wave of disruption has any true significance.

Cryppie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2020
    US
    I live just outside the north side of Evansville, surrounded by literally tens of thousands of homes, mostly subdivisions reflecting a variety of income classes. Mostly middle class with a healthy portion of upper class McMansions.

Should the mob reach out this far it will be preceeded by social media warnings, fleeing cars, sirens, towering columns of smoke and gunshots.

I will have to choose to fight or flee, but either way I'm sending my wife and daughters out of town to family in the country. If I can scrounge up enough armed and ready neighbors, I'll fight for my home. If not, I'll probably fight for my home anyway.

This sounds like the best option to me. Flee and let insurance take care of it.

I am not far from you and would be happy to help :)

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    You are correct. A modern day American Revolution will not be fought or won like those of past. It will be a swing in majority mindset and followed by legislation. The revolution will be done quietly, and with ink. The polls are where we will see if this current wave of disruption has any true significance.

Wrong.

That's just how it starts. It will always end in bloodshed. The facade of civilized society will just make it take longer to get to that point.

DN40SW

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2016
    Avon
    If they are not armed you can't shoot them, and the people on the front lines are never armed. Less than lethal? They rush your property, what do you do?

WRONG........If you aren't ready to meet force with force in a SHTF situation. You've already lost.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I guess I'd become YouTube famous.

There is always that. Little douche nozzle's dont work but they are sporting some serious phone and related hardware.

The protesters were just a couple of blocks from us when they were outside the NW IPD station behind Laff. Square and they marched around up here. There was some spray paint tagging and some traffic blocking but but not a lot more.

Do any of us actually believe they are strong enough in numbers to pull anything of this scale off. Sporadic hit/miss maybe.
    This aint Seattle people.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    There is always that. Little douche nozzle's dont work but they are sporting some serious phone and related hardware.

The protesters were just a couple of blocks from us when they were outside the NW IPD station behind Laff. Square and they marched around up here. There was some spray paint tagging and some traffic blocking but but not a lot more.

Do any of us actually believe they are strong enough in numbers to pull anything of this scale off. Sporadic hit/miss maybe.
    This aint Seattle people.

All it takes is 1 to burn your house down.

Top Bottom