• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Glock is supposedly going to be offering this soon, slides milled from the factory for whatever optic departments choose.
    Glock has already been doing this as an Agency only option since August 2022.

Also the Gunsite Glock pistol Holosun is a direct mount. The MOS1 I believe has Trijicon and some Holosun the MOS2 I believe is Leupold and Sig and the MOS 3 might be Aimpoint but can’t remember the order. either way it’s something along those lines.

S&W also is offering direct mounted slides. I would be more with using RDS if the direct mount was standard factory option (Yes I know companies mill slide but I don’t care. I want a factory option and no one will convince me so if yours works that’s great)

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    I've heard no rumors of them changing. If they do, it'll probably be to P320s in 9mm. The DNR is using those now, so there's some statewide agency precedent. I'm not sure about down south, but up here it seems like most everybody is either carrying the Glock or P320 these days.

Our whole county has been on the P320 platform since 2017, with the exception of a couple of smaller agencies. Our department adopted them so early that the first batch we got were pre-upgrade, and Sig ended up trading them out. They've been great guns...reliable, low maintenance, easy to teach and easy to adapt to the individual shooter's geometry. We have no complaints.
    Good to know. I carry a P32 compact in 9mm about half the time, myself. Love it! It is more accurate than I am and just an absolute joy to shoot. I took the Revere's riders Pistol 145 class last Saturday, and even with temps down in the low 20's throughout the morning, it ran flawlessly!

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Glock has already been doing this as an Agency only option since August 2022.

Also the Gunsite Glock pistol Holosun is a direct mount. The MOS1 I believe has Trijicon and some Holosun the MOS2 I believe is Leupold and Sig and the MOS 3 might be Aimpoint but can’t remember the order. either way it’s something along those lines.

S&W also is offering direct mounted slides. I would be more with using RDS if the direct mount was standard factory option (Yes I know companies mill slide but I don’t care. I want a factory option and no one will convince me so if yours works that’s great)

News to me, that’s what the Glock rep said at the armorer class I went to last month. Maybe he meant milled and with optics supplied all straight from Glock.

Ty Webb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2023
    Central Indiana
    P227 will be the ISP-issued sidearm for the coming few years as they have plenty in inventory and retirements have slowed a bit due to the pay raise (High 3-Year Rule). The issued ones have the Hat Shield nicely applied to the slide and the Serial #'s are ISPxxxx... P365's are issued as the secondary firearm/back-up.

Cool if you're into collecting Game Worn stuff. Surprised how few duty guns appear on the market like these or prior service guns all together. Seems almost easier to find a Super Bowl ring than a duty used and agency marked/specific sidearm.

Attachments

• 20231127_183327.jpg
      20231127_183327.jpg
      379.4 KB · Views: 32
    • 20231128_073355.jpg
      20231128_073355.jpg
      437.4 KB · Views: 32

toppgunnz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Indiana
    Sig makes a great product for sure. Being a Marine and now retired LEO, I always revert to KISS (keep it simple stupid). For LEO's especially, the less overall weight, levers, and switches the better. You have to bear in mind that it needs to fit every LEO that may need to grab your gun and continue the fight with his/her mags, holster, etc. For these reasons I hope ISP reconsiders going back to Glock 17. As a former firearms instructor, we had (overall) better shooting scores with the Glock as well. This was probably in part due to the double-action first shot of the Sig. But, little things make big differences!

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Sig makes a great product for sure. Being a Marine and now retired LEO, I always revert to KISS (keep it simple stupid). For LEO's especially, the less overall weight, levers, and switches the better. You have to bear in mind that it needs to fit every LEO that may need to grab your gun and continue the fight with his/her mags, holster, etc. For these reasons I hope ISP reconsiders going back to Glock 17. As a former firearms instructor, we had (overall) better shooting scores with the Glock as well. This was probably in part due to the double-action first shot of the Sig. But, little things make big differences!

They won’t go back to Glock. A few egos got punched trying to bullseye shoot with the 40’s one handed and blamed the Glocks when they didn’t work.

An industry rep said ISP is more than likely going to Sig 320’s with the Res Dot possibly piggybacking on the DNR contract. But as mentioned it will be after Carter retires as they have enough Sig 227’s and parts for a long time

Colorado State Patrol just went to Shadow Systems so that was interesting. Massachusetts just dumped S&W M&P 45 for Sig 320’s

If I were picking for an agency as partial as I am to Sig 220,226 and 229’s I’d look at the HK 45/P30 with an LEM or look at the M&P Optic's ready in 9mm if a Glock 47 or 45 MOS with Ref Dots an optional items per individual preference

But we shall see!

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    P227 will be the ISP-issued sidearm for the coming few years as they have plenty in inventory and retirements have slowed a bit due to the pay raise (High 3-Year Rule). The issued ones have the Hat Shield nicely applied to the slide and the Serial #'s are ISPxxxx... P365's are issued as the secondary firearm/back-up.

Cool if you're into collecting Game Worn stuff. Surprised how few duty guns appear on the market like these or prior service guns all together. Seems almost easier to find a Super Bowl ring than a duty used and agency marked/specific sidearm.
    Thanks for the update! It sounds like you have a bit of an inside scoop.

Top Bottom