What we know about the state of the permitless carry law going into effect July 1

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Could not take Fox 59s drivel tonight. I ended up blasting the following to their e-mail address for news. fox59news@fox59.com

"Your reporting on the upcoming implementation of Permitless carry of handguns in Indiana is disingenuous at best, and inflammatory fear mongering at worst.​
    Please stop parroting the irrational and baseless fearmongering of those who will not actually prosecute and incarcerate the criminals in Indianapolis (Hogsett, Mears), but do want to use the Permitless carry of handguns legislation as a fear mongering tactic to manipulate the ignorant.​
    Please do interviews with Sheriff Nielsen of Boone County, or Sheriff Quackenbush of Hamilton County, or Attorney Guy Relford of Carmel regarding the law's changes and implementation. Do the community you broadcast too a useful service and ensure that our citizenry understand the law, what changes, and what doesn't as of July 1.​
    Starting July 1st a misdemeanor titled "unlawful carry of a handgun" goes into affect. The same level charge as "carrying a handgun without a license" was, and will be applicable when law enforcement encounters a person, committing a crime, which is why law enforcement is there.​
    It would also be useful if Fox59 would make Indiana law enforcement, and our citizens, aware of the ramifications of Pinner Vs. State of Indiana. Communicating the outcome of Pinner Vs. State of Indiana might well prevent a Police officer and his employer losing a law suit, for unlawfully targeting a citizen solely for having a handgun on their person. It would also educate a wider citizen cross section of relevant Indiana precedent which will be very useful starting July 1st.​
    Fox 59 can and must do better than you are currently doing in reporting on firearms matters. Guns are simply inanimate objects. Start focusing on the criminals and their crimes. Your reporters all to often speak of "illegal guns". Rarely are the firearms displayed illegal. In fact very few arms are illegal in the United States. They may be unconstitutionally taxed via the NFA, but the objects are not in and of themselves "illegal".​
    In almost all cases where Fox 59 reports the recovery or seizure of "illegal guns", what you should be reporting, is a criminal who was an unlawful possessor of firearms due to prior convictions had a firearm seized from his person and he was thus charged with illegal possession. Get the reporting correct, it is the human being who did something unlawful, not the inanimate object."​

I did plagiarize @KellyinAvon a little...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Could not take Fox 59s drivel tonight. I ended up blasting the following to their e-mail address for news. fox59news@fox59.com

"Your reporting on the upcoming implementation of Permitless carry of handguns in Indiana is disingenuous at best, and inflammatory fear mongering at worst.​
    Please stop parroting the irrational and baseless fearmongering of those who will not actually prosecute and incarcerate the criminals in Indianapolis (Hogsett, Mears), but do want to use the Permitless carry of handguns legislation as a fear mongering tactic to manipulate the ignorant.​
    Please do interviews with Sheriff Nielsen of Boone County, or Sheriff Quackenbush of Hamilton County, or Attorney Guy Relford of Carmel regarding the law's changes and implementation. Do the community you broadcast too a useful service and ensure that our citizenry understand the law, what changes, and what doesn't as of July 1.​
    Starting July 1st a misdemeanor titled "unlawful carry of a handgun" goes into affect. The same level charge as "carrying a handgun without a license" was, and will be applicable when law enforcement encounters a person, committing a crime, which is why law enforcement is there.​
    It would also be useful if Fox59 would make Indiana law enforcement, and our citizens, aware of the ramifications of Pinner Vs. State of Indiana. Communicating the outcome of Pinner Vs. State of Indiana might well prevent a Police officer and his employer losing a law suit, for unlawfully targeting a citizen solely for having a handgun on their person. It would also educate a wider citizen cross section of relevant Indiana precedent which will be very useful starting July 1st.​
    Fox 59 can and must do better than you are currently doing in reporting on firearms matters. Guns are simply inanimate objects. Start focusing on the criminals and their crimes. Your reporters all to often speak of "illegal guns". Rarely are the firearms displayed illegal. In fact very few arms are illegal in the United States. They may be unconstitutionally taxed via the NFA, but the objects are not in and of themselves "illegal".​
    In almost all cases where Fox 59 reports the recovery or seizure of "illegal guns", what you should be reporting, is a criminal who was an unlawful possessor of firearms due to prior convictions had a firearm seized from his person and he was thus charged with illegal possession. Get the reporting correct, it is the human being who did something unlawful, not the inanimate object."​

I did plagiarize @KellyinAvon a little...
    They know what they’re doing and they don’t care.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

LE in 20-something other states have figured this out. SURELY ISP is smart enough to do the same.

Douglas_G_Carter.jpg

This is Doug Carter. He's the Superintendent of Indiana State Police. He testified vigorously against Constitutional Carry before the Indiana General Assembly committees. He cannot claim a budgetary incentive; instead, he claimed an "officer safety" initiative.

Doug has a vested interest at this point, since his side lost, in getting officers hurt or killed, to justify his position. To be very clear, I am not in any way saying he would do anything personally, nor even collude with others to do so, to hurt officers. I am saying that his leadership might choose to educate officers in methods that might be less effective- and let the chips fall where they may.

It's not a question of ISP or of Supt. Carter being intelligent. It's a question of morals and ethics. To put it mildly, I question his.

That is all.

Blessings,
    Bill

Last edited:

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    When I used to live in Missippi, we used to say thank god for Alabama. Is Indiana the new Alabama? Please say it ain’t so.

When I lived in Illinois, the only good thing I could ever say was "Thank goodness I don't live in California". There is always a "worse" one. ;)

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    When I lived in Illinois, the only good thing I could ever say was "Thank goodness I don't live in California". There is always a "worse" one. ;)
    You are being awfully positive X, this thread should be full Doug Carter hate and venom. Even though WE WON!!!! :cool:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Douglas_G_Carter.jpg

This is Doug Carter. He's the Superintendent of Indiana State Police. He testified vigorously against Constitutional Carry before the Indiana General Assembly committees. He cannot claim a budgetary incentive; instead, he claimed an "officer safety" initiative.

Doug has a vested interest at this point, since his side lost, in getting officers hurt or killed, to justify his position. To be very clear, I am not in any way saying he would do anything personally, nor even collude with others to do so, to hurt officers. I am saying that his leadership might choose to educate officers in methods that might be less effective- and let the chips fall where they may.

It's not a question of ISP or of Supt. Carter being intelligent. It's a question of morals and ethics. To put it mildly, I question his.

That is all.

Blessings,
    Bill
    BOO!!!! Not booing you Bill, just the image of Dougie Poo and all his histrionic BS.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We need to find a way to oust Holcomb and his lackey Carter. Hard to tell what kind of lame duck liberal damage they can do in the next four years?

Wouldn't shock me to see Carter declaring that ISP will be ferrying abortion seeking women to the state line...

Last edited:

rebase

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 25, 2019
    Indianapolis

Douglas_G_Carter.jpg

That is all.

Blessings,
    Bill

I fixed it for you

Attachments

• elmer fudd hat.jpg
      elmer fudd hat.jpg
      47.9 KB · Views: 3

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    We need to find a way to oust Holcomb and his lackey Carter. Hard to tell what kind of lame duck liberal damage they can do in the next four years?

Wouldn't shock me to see Carter declaring that ISP will be ferrying abortion seeking women to the state line...

Ahh. That's wasted effort. We need to focus attention on supporting a good candidate for 2024. The election is only a little more than 2 years away, and it would be fantastic to elect a strong conservative who embraces gun rights, lower taxes, and freedom. Holcomb is still superior to many of his colleagues in other gubernatorial positions (e.g. Pritzker, Newsome, Whitmer, Wolf, ...), but we can do better next time!

winchester4440

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2021
    Evansville, IN
    The U.S. Constitution aside, what is about Indiana’s constitutional right that they don’t understand? I thought Indiana was more conservative than that. Hire I’ve had my head up my butt for awhile!

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    The U.S. Constitution aside, what is about Indiana’s constitutional right that they don’t understand? I thought Indiana was more conservative than that. Hire I’ve had my head up my butt for awhile!
    They've never read either Constitution.

It's just that simple. Frankly, most of our citizens do not appear to have read them either. That is how you end up where we are today.

I've been trying to get my State Rep to make high school graduation contingent upon passing the citizenship exam. There doesn't seem to be much interest. Ignorance is easily used...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    For many Indiana conservatives that just means not-democrat. It‘s a way of getting elected when you know your county/district will not vote for a candidate with a D next to his/her name on the ballot.

Top Bottom