What we are up against....readings from the opposition.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Yes, and the fact that you sent me that PM very shortly after we had a contentious exchange in another thread wasn't passive aggressive at all. I'd post that, but the software upgrade seems to have gobbled it up.
    I found the PM in my histoy

Nov 7, 2020
    Unless you have permission, I think selling things without supporter status as a business is frowned upon

If you found that snarky or passive aggressive I apolgize. I thought I was doing you a favor

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I was referring to the earlier comments being gobbled up, but I'll take your word for it.
    Dunno, it could be there was more, that was the only message i could find. Still if you found them snarky, I apologize.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

She also said it’s encouraging that the incoming presidential administration led by President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris has been on board so far with centering gun violence as a serious national concern.

“I’ve heard them speak very clearly with their commitment to reducing gun violence, and now we’ll have both a Senate and a House [of Representatives] that will support gun violence prevention legislation,” Thomas added.

“Now, it’s important that they all be held accountable to make those changes, ensuring they have the information about these policies and programs and the public support they need to move this forward,” she said.

Thomas added that one of the “sad side effects” of the current pandemic is that we’ve collectively witnessed huge increases in gun purchasing and gun violence during what has been a difficult year.

“Communities have also been impacted by more domestic violence and suicide, people are depressed, people are stuck at home, and it’s more urgent than ever to take steps to address gun violence with this administration and the Congress that sits behind them,” Thomas stressed.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I agree with the idea of people coming from other countries and trying to impose their cultural norms on everyone not being a good thing, but would encourage you to think about the comment regarding the writer’s name. Who cares what his name is? We should be attacking ideas, not attacking the names of people as not a part of “our culture.” For all we know, he has a French background and was born in the US.

Takes like this encourage the assumption by many that anyone right of Bernie is xenophobic.
    Or, then again, it may be that the author actually IS an anti-America, anti-freedom goon, which can be ascertained by simply the name...

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    But mob rule is exactly what these SOBs are pushing for.
    The Founders were afraid of a democracy exactly because mob rule would overtake and override freedoms and individual liberties. Our Constitution is designed precisely to protect our rights, but we have domestic enemies in government offices that have sworn an oath to defend the Constitution, but instead blatantly attack that document and with it, our rights. Pair that with an uneducated, apathetic citizenry...and you get what we are seeing today.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't mean this antagonistically but that could be why WE are in this mess today. We consistently underestimate the extreme left's ability to get its message out and it's appeal.
    You mean the message that had to be voted in with massive fraud and then propped up with troops and barbed wire? That popular message?

I suspect you and I have different definitions of 'appealing'

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    When you read an article that is full of **** and then see that you cannot pronounce the author's name, that strongly suggests that the bastard is not and never has been part of our culture but rather is a carpetbagger who thinks we should conform to the ideas of someplace so great he felt the need to leave it.

He doesn't look all that different. Having an anti-gun agenda doesn't imply one's immigration background.

Attachments

• 1621203434585.png
      1621203434585.png
      5.5 MB · Views: 4

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't mean this antagonistically but that could be why WE are in this mess today. We consistently underestimate the extreme left's ability to get its message out and it's appeal.
    True. A problem also is that we can't seem to get our message out. At least not on the same scale they can. We have Ted Nugent for ****sake. And, don't get me wrong. I like some Wango Tango. He comes off a little crazy. Not the best spokesman for gun rights.

The anti-gun zealots in all forms of media present their side of it virtually unchallenged, and in a way that makes it sound obviously the correct way.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Maybe those people wold be happier in Venezuela.

It's tough to get a message out when most of the "message service" says your opinion is heresy and treats you like an apostate. Cathars and Lollards to the stake!!!!!!!

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Or, then again, it may be that the author actually IS an anti-America, anti-freedom goon, which can be ascertained by simply the name...
    He could be 10th generation American for all you know. Or he could have gotten off the boat just before attending Emory. Lot's of people immigrated from lots of places. You look back far enough, your ancestors immigrated too. Unless you're native.

Top Bottom