What we are up against....readings from the opposition.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    You will understand that this has been a losing approach for decades--tiptoeing around the sensibilities of people who don't care on the least about ours--otherwise they wouldn't be writing trash like the above.

It is critically important to understand the difference between immigrants and colonists.
    I’m not referring specifically to the professor who wrote the article, which I agree is a trash take. The man does not seem like someone I would want to associate with; however, I do see an issue with assuming things based upon the origin of someone’s name. I think this is just as problematic as making assumptions based on race or religion.

As I said, we can attack his ideas all day, but I think it’s best to leave his heritage out of it as it doesn’t add anything when pointing out he has an ill informed opinion. It only serves to make people appear xenophobic.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I’m not referring specifically to the professor who wrote the article, which I agree is a trash take. The man does not seem like someone I would want to associate with; however, I do see an issue with assuming things based upon the origin of someone’s name. I think this is just as problematic as making assumptions based on race or religion.

As I said, we can attack his ideas all day, but I think it’s best to leave his heritage out of it as it doesn’t add anything when pointing out he has an ill informed opinion. It only serves to make people appear xenophobic.
    When someone's heritage brings lack of understanding and/or disdain for a free republic it is very relevant to the discussion.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Start with the literary works of Helena Blavatsky.
    The politics of today fall naturally into those teachings.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I agree with the idea of people coming from other countries and trying to impose their cultural norms on everyone not being a good thing, but would encourage you to think about the comment regarding the writer’s name. Who cares what his name is? We should be attacking ideas, not attacking the names of people as not a part of “our culture.” For all we know, he has a French background and was born in the US.

Takes like this encourage the assumption by many that anyone right of Bernie is xenophobic.
    Spot on. People are people and when you make illogical leaps without ever seeing and talking to that person you short change us all.
    A little research and a history of their commentary is much more useful. I know many a snowflake born and bred in the American experience. And it sickens me.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Why we are the problem.
    “Both parties have extremists,” a GOP lawmaker told Politico. “There’s a difference in our crazy people and their crazy people. Our crazy people have an excessive amount of arms. They have gun safes. They have grenades. They believe in the Second Amendment. They come here and Trump’s made them think this is the Alamo.” House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy reportedly warned members not to verbally attack each other over their upcoming impeachment votes for fear of endangering their lives.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So looking at the Slate article, A liberal rag posts and anonymous source from another liberal rag. This is what passes for journalism?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Well, you were so nice and non-snarky via PM, what can I say?
    Post it. i don't have it. The only one I sent you that I remember was to let you know you were advertising without being a site supporter and wanted to let you know so you didn't run afoul of the rules.

jkoontzie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2020
    Mishawaka
    I agree with the idea of people coming from other countries and trying to impose their cultural norms on everyone not being a good thing, but would encourage you to think about the comment regarding the writer’s name. Who cares what his name is? We should be attacking ideas, not attacking the names of people as not a part of “our culture.” For all we know, he has a French background and was born in the US.

Takes like this encourage the assumption by many that anyone right of Bernie is xenophobic.
    Agree, who cares where he comes from, If his take on philosophy and natural rights are that restrictive That. Is. The. Problem., not his ethnicity or his national affiliation.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    “Both parties have extremists,” a GOP lawmaker told Politico. “There’s a difference in our crazy people and their crazy people. Our crazy people have an excessive amount of arms. They have gun safes. They have grenades. They believe in the Second Amendment. They come here and Trump’s made them think this is the Alamo.” House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy reportedly warned members not to verbally attack each other over their upcoming impeachment votes for fear of endangering their lives.

WTF!? Where are my grenades!? I've been cheated!!

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Post it. i don't have it. The only one I sent you that I remember was to let you know you were advertising without being a site supporter and wanted to let you know so you didn't run afoul of the rules.

Yes, and the fact that you sent me that PM very shortly after we had a contentious exchange in another thread wasn't passive aggressive at all. I'd post that, but the software upgrade seems to have gobbled it up.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Yes, and the fact that you sent me that PM very shortly after we had a contentious exchange in another thread wasn't passive aggressive at all. I'd post that, but the software upgrade seems to have gobbled it up.
    You're allowed your interpretation. It's wrong though. I noticed it BECAUSE we had an interaction so I let you know privately just like leaning over to tell someone their fly is open.

Top Bottom