What we are up against....readings from the opposition.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Not looking for a whole lot of discussion in this thread as I would rather it be just a litany of viewpoints that we are up against as reminders to stay in the fight....but sure it won't happen that way :)

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    When you read an article that is full of **** and then see that you cannot pronounce the author's name, that strongly suggests that the bastard is not and never has been part of our culture but rather is a carpetbagger who thinks we should conform to the ideas of someplace so great he felt the need to leave it.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Not looking for a whole lot of discussion in this thread as I would rather it be just a litany of viewpoints that we are up against as reminders to stay in the fight....but sure it won't happen that way :)

I read it, lots of fear Mongering of gun owners. I especially like the part about how defense of family is mostly limited to the home and small concealable handguns are best suited. :n00b:

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    When you read an article that is full of **** and then see that you cannot pronounce the author's name, that strongly suggests that the bastard is not and never has been part of our culture but rather is a carpetbagger who thinks we should conform to the ideas of someplace so great he felt the need to leave it.
    I agree with the idea of people coming from other countries and trying to impose their cultural norms on everyone not being a good thing, but would encourage you to think about the comment regarding the writer’s name. Who cares what his name is? We should be attacking ideas, not attacking the names of people as not a part of “our culture.” For all we know, he has a French background and was born in the US.

Takes like this encourage the assumption by many that anyone right of Bernie is xenophobic.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I agree with the idea of people coming from other countries and trying to impose their cultural norms on everyone not being a good thing, but would encourage you to think about the comment regarding the writer’s name. Who cares what his name is? We should be attacking ideas, not attacking the names of people as not a part of “our culture.” For all we know, he has a French background and was born in the US.

Takes like this encourage the assumption by many that anyone right of Bernie is xenophobic.
    There are indicators therein which generally indicate how established in our culture a person is, like first names. I can understand your position however I feel no compulsion to be politically correct. I am simply seeing what is there and inferring from it what the information usually indicates.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I was gifted a one-year subscription to the Atlantic once. Every issue went from the mailbox to the recycle bin.

Surprised it's still printed...
    I don't mean this antagonistically but that could be why WE are in this mess today. We consistently underestimate the extreme left's ability to get its message out and it's appeal.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Professor of Philosophy........qualifies him to comment on our Constitution....right.

Don
    Citizenship definitely does. Not sure of the authors status. Wonder what degrees we all have and we do it all the time?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

I have a lot of things to thank other cultures for like being Orthodox and great food. New perspectives. These things are not inherently bad. They are just. I once invited a couple out to eat but his wife was from another culture and was not comfortable being around "Americans" in public. Sad.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

You will understand that this has been a losing approach for decades--tiptoeing around the sensibilities of people who don't care on the least about ours--otherwise they wouldn't be writing trash like the above.

It is critically important to understand the difference between immigrants and colonists.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    You will understand that this has been a losing approach for decades--tiptoeing around the sensibilities of people who don't care on the least about ours--otherwise they wouldn't be writing trash like the above.

It is critically important to understand the difference between immigrants and colonists.
    Wish I could give this one more than one like.

Top Bottom