What Watches Do INGO Members Wear? "What's on your forearm"?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Wearing a watch is not just about telling time.
    That's why some folks don't mind spending 10K on an automatic Rolex, even though it's less accurate than a $10 Casio digital quartz watch.

A lot of folks don't look at the time when they look at their watch, they just look at the watch ... Yeah they're weirdo watch collectors at this point (and there's nothing wrong with that).
    There are plenty of times when I go to check the time and forget to actually read my watch. Lol

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I'm a 100% mechanical watch guy so far. My kid likes them too and he has a couple, but he's a runner so a smart watch with a fitness tracking app makes sense for him. He bought a Garmin a while back and loved it. Now his mechanical watches only get worn for dress up.

He started a new job at Garmin last week and has been giving me the hard sell on getting a smart watch. His primary selling point is his 45% employee discount. I browsed the options and even at 45% off, I don't think I'm going to be buying one. I had no idea you could spend over a grand on one of these things.

His first day on the job the gave him about 10 different watches from their line up to wear/play with.

His current favorite is the tactix® 7 – Pro Ballistics Edition model. I comes with lots of handy features like a ballistics calculator that works with your laser rangefinder and portable weather station, jumpmaster mode for when you need to jump from a plane and navigate to an objective, a green or white LED flashlight, even a handy app with maps of almost every golf course on earth.

It retails for about $1600.:faint:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I'm a 100% mechanical watch guy so far...
    So I'm gonna make an effort to try this smart watch thing. Since my kid started working in sales for Garmin he can wear any of their smart watches he wants so he gave me his old one that he bought before he started working there.

It's a Fenix6 sapphire...

Q7GBLQ1l.jpg

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    fzsPXc6.jpg

Still rocking the Murph , love this watch honestly especially since I am a movie nerd. Next up on the list is a Sub Date Just in oyster steel. Yes I know I will have to wait forever and don't care. Ruled omega out due to their bad secondary TBH , though will eventually get one.

STopaz1982

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 14, 2021
    Hendricks County
    fzsPXc6.jpg

Still rocking the Murph , love this watch honestly especially since I am a movie nerd. Next up on the list is a Sub Date Just in oyster steel. Yes I know I will have to wait forever and don't care. Ruled omega out due to their bad secondary TBH , though will eventually get one.
    Don't rule out Omega - Everyone needs a Speedmaster Moon Watch. Very nice Hamilton by the way. What model is it?

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Don't rule out Omega - Everyone needs a Speedmaster Moon Watch. Very nice Hamilton by the way. What model is it?

I will eventually have both , have to have James Bond's Seamaster too. My watch is a Hamilton "Murph" it's from the movie Interstellar. Of particular interest to me as I did research on contact objects in college. Even got the very limited first edition tesseract box too

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    My Apple Watch Ultra arrived today. I’m an absolute sucker for wearable tech and this piece doesn’t disappoint. It would quickly become a paperweight if SHTF but it sure is fun while the world is mostly right side up.

Attachments

• B5FE5AB4-7608-43F4-A94E-CD0D003CC496.jpeg
      B5FE5AB4-7608-43F4-A94E-CD0D003CC496.jpeg
      410.1 KB · Views: 7

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    My Apple Watch Ultra arrived today. I’m an absolute sucker for wearable tech and this piece doesn’t disappoint. It would quickly become a paperweight if SHTF but it sure is fun while the world is mostly right side up.
    Ooooohhhh fancy! I didn’t know they had a new one out. I recently downgraded to the SE from the 6 because the 6 had the snot beat out of it, but I just didn’t use the features that made it more expensive.

King Noodle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Bloomington IN
    I swithch between a garlic tactic delta solar and an Apple Watch ultra. Love the tactix, its an amazing watch with some good functionality and 3 week battery life. The apple watch is just great if you need functionality with your phone too.

Top Bottom