What Watches Do INGO Members Wear? "What's on your forearm"?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Thanks, they will follow the estimate that the Dallas Service Center just did on that watch.
    I need an independent Rolex repair.

Did you call and talk to any of the shops? I would honestly be really surprised if they could not do a basic service, crown replacement the ocilator replacement might be tricky. But not replacing the hands or face seems like an easy request , and cheaper on their end too.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Did you call and talk to any of the shops? I would honestly be really surprised if they could not do a basic service, crown replacement the ocilator replacement might be tricky. But not replacing the hands or face seems like an easy request , and cheaper on their end too.
    Thanks, I talked to a few Rolex dealers here and in Md over this watch. I showed them the estimate I have from Dallas they weren't interested in deleting from that paperwork.
    Another great member has given me a dealer up north that he has used to talk to next week.
    Hopefully they will do what we want done and nothing more.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Rolex is VERY particular in how their watches are serviced. I disagree with creed about values but maybe he is right. I believe in doing just what Rolex recommends but with a watch that old it may not be the best option…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Thanks, I talked to a few Rolex dealers here and in Md over this watch. I showed them the estimate I have from Dallas they weren't interested in deleting from that paperwork.
    Another great member has given me a dealer up north that he has used to talk to next week.
    Hopefully they will do what we want done and nothing more.
    Have you looked at appraisals? What do they say?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Have you looked at appraisals? What do they say?
    Yes, I am aware what its worth, I bought it new in Geneva.I have the box, all tags and paperwork that came with this watch. The vintage Rolex's in original condition are worth more than one with replacement crystals, face, hands, buffed and polished cases and so on.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Rolex is VERY particular in how their watches are serviced. I disagree with creed about values but maybe he is right. I believe in doing just what Rolex recommends but with a watch that old it may not be the best option…
    I own a few my friend, my first was in 1977, still have it. I'm well aware of what I own.

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Yes, I am aware what its worth, I bought it new in Geneva.I have the box, all tags and paperwork that came with this watch. The vintage Rolex's in original condition are worth more than one with replacement crystals, face, hands, buffed and polished cases and so on.

Watch this guy who bought a Rolex in the early 70's while in the military and never wore it.

Jsomerset

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2016
    Somerset
    Alright watch guys, does anyone know of a Rolex trained watch maker, that uses Rolex parts repair shop that is in Indiana or I can ship if needed?
    I have a Sub that needs a new crown, oscillating weight and a standard complete overhaul.
    I’ve watched this fella restore some mighty fine basket case watches including Rolex. https://m.youtube.com/@WristwatchRevival

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Are these watches any good? Anyone with experience with this maker?

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland

I've got one, but I'm not sure if I recommend it. Popout crown. I'd be very surprised if this was actually good to 100 meters. For a taking Miss Lyn out for dinner watch it's fine.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011

They are overpriced for what you get.

If you like dive type watches, Deep Blue makes some good ones.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've got one, but I'm not sure if I recommend it. Popout crown. I'd be very surprised if this was actually good to 100 meters. For a taking Miss Lyn out for dinner watch it's fine.
    They are overpriced for what you get.

If you like dive type watches, Deep Blue makes some good ones.

Thanks guys. I'm mainly looking for a heavy duty watch that can withstand getting wet or submerged for extended periods of time but will take hard abuse and keep working.
    For work outdoors, hunting etc.

triggerhappy00

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 14, 2019
    Merrillville
    Thanks guys. I'm mainly looking for a heavy duty watch that can withstand getting wet or submerged for extended periods of time but will take hard abuse and keep working.
    For work outdoors, hunting etc.
    Check out the Timex Expedition North Titanium if you are looking for an auto, and the Citizen Promaster Tough Titanium if you're looking for quartz (it's also an eco-drive). I like titanium for a material to abuse because it's stronger and hides the abuse better. If you feel like going crazy the Tudor Ranger is great, and obviously a Rolex Explorer is hard to beat.

Top Bottom