• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBrockman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Amity, Johnson Count
    I was 12 Years old ( now 52) Dad bought me a Single shot break action .28 gauge. Has taken many/many rabbits. Both of my sons started with this ol gun and as my grandsons will also get their oppurtunity to shoot her! She is still clean as a whistle but most of the blueing is gone. Still opens and closes strong and shoots straight. Love the 28 gauge!

Fergy35

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NE Corner of our gre
    Another one for the Savage 24. My father gave me one that used to belong to my Uncle (now passed). 22LR over .410. Great combo. Dad's got one too, that he has had for years. When he used to hunt quite a bit it was his go to for squirrel, rabbit, quail etc.

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    The black synthetic model 870 in 12ga.:rockwoot:

Parents gave it to me for high school graduation(11yrs ago), still have it and use it OFTEN!! Came with both vent rib 28" barrel and rifle sighted, smooth bore slug barrel.

It has been the taker of much game, ducks, geese, doves, pheasant, rabbit, deer, turkey, coyote, probably more i'm forgetting!!

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Was about 14. Christmas brought a 16 ga. Winchester 1200 pump. That was about 1964. A couple of years later I made my first gun purchase, Winchester model 70 in .270. Guns were sold in hardware stores then. Bought the rifle and carried it down the main street to the car without so much as a odd look. Both hung in my bedroom in a wall mounted gun rack above my bed. Never shot anybody or terrorized the town. This was in western New York. How things have changed.

gpasp101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    S. E. In.
    my first shotgun was a black diamond model 12 trap with a cut stock to about 9 inches. Unfortunately my Dad talked me into trading it when I outgrew it ,he's always been a horse trader and said he wasn't married to any of his guns ,but he recently gave me a Y-model in the box.

Win52C

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    Poor here too....H&R Topper 20ga single....still remember the night my Dad bought it new for $65 bucks with a box of Remington 6 shot ....seems like yesterday.

Top Bottom