• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    We have an old 22" TV that started having horizontal issues after it has been on for several minutes. We replaced it with a cheep 26" VISIO wide screen from Walmart.
    It was my step-son's TV and if you slap it real good on the side, it might fix it for a few minutes then it messes up again. The whole screen drops down about 8 inches which makes it a pain to watch.
    I was just going to throw it away, as I couldn't see paying to get it fixed, as that would probably cost as much as it would be worth if it were working. My wife suggested giving it to Goodwill, but I really didn't want to give something that didn't work correctly, as I would feel bad if someone bought it thinking it was working only to find out about it after the fact. We could let them know there was something wrong with it, but I'd be afraid that the problem wouldn't be conveyed to the purchaser.
    I then suggested giving it to the local TV repair shop so they could fix it and try to sell it. My wife is against that, as she doesn't want a retail business to profit from a freebie.

So what should I do?

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    We have an old 22" TV that started having horizontal issues after it has been on for several minutes. We replaced it with a cheep 26" VISIO wide screen from Walmart.
    It was my step-son's TV and if you slap it real good on the side, it might fix it for a few minutes then it messes up again. The whole screen drops down about 8 inches which makes it a pain to watch.
    I was just going to throw it away, as I couldn't see paying to get it fixed, as that would probably cost as much as it would be worth if it were working. My wife suggested giving it to Goodwill, but I really didn't want to give something that didn't work correctly, as I would feel bad if someone bought it thinking it was working only to find out about it after the fact. We could let them know there was something wrong with it, but I'd be afraid that the problem wouldn't be conveyed to the purchaser.
    I then suggested giving it to the local TV repair shop so they could fix it and try to sell it. My wife is against that, as she doesn't want a retail business to profit from a freebie.

So what should I do?

Yeah..... frickin' small business owner scumbags!!! :n00b:

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    When we buy new TV's we give old ones to Goodwill to AMVETS. Just tell them whats wrong with it. They may fix it or throw it a way but at least you helped out the fellow citizen.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    When we buy new TV's we give old ones to Goodwill to AMVETS. Just tell them whats wrong with it. They may fix it or throw it a way but at least you helped out the fellow citizen.

Yeah, I like that idea best, but I just have an uneasy feeling someone with just a few $$$ to their name buy it thinking it is good, only to find out it is junk.

I try to be as honest as possible when selling items, as I will disclose everything wrong I can think of...even it that means losing a potential sale, because I hate getting burned myself.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Or maybe take it to some shelters and notify them of whats wrong with it.
    +1 for your honesty and Repped, sir!

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I took it to the Salvation Army and told the guy receiving it what was wrong. He told me that they normally don't take items that are broken or have problems, they just pitch them, but they took this one anyway. They even wrote me a receipt for when I file my taxes.
    My guess is they will throw it away, but who knows for sure. Anyhow, thanks for those who replied.

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    We have an old 22" TV that started having horizontal issues after it has been on for several minutes. We replaced it
    BLAH BLAH BLAH.................................
    So what should I do?

You are asking guys with guns and possibly tannerite what to do with an old TV????

Have you lost your mind???? What do you think we should do with it????

:ar15:T.V

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    This is the ONLY thing that comes to mind...

Bird Shot + a couple dozen rounds of .40 = Fixed TV
    fishing007.jpg

fishing008.jpg

Top Bottom