• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VinceU1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Indy
    OK, so due to eye problems, I've sold my open pistol and have a couple thousand rounds of 9Major that I built for it. I could tear the ammo apart, pitch the powder and sell the projo's and primed brass or I could offer it to someone who might be able to use the ammo as is or dis-assemble it themselves.
    The ammo is built with 7.1gr of Autocomp powder, MG 124gr HP bullet, mixed commercial brass and either Win SPP or CCI SPP.
    I didn't mind dis-assembling the .38SC cuz there were only 500 or so rounds of that, but 2000 or so rounds of 9Major would take forever and I'm not sure it'd be worth the work.
    Any suggestions about what to do?
    Thanks,
    VinceU1

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Another suggestion would be to sell it "complete" but For Components Only.

And let the buyer beware. Caveat Emptor.

That would save you the trouble.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    If you could get a buyer for the 9mm major reloads, maybe you could get something like $7.00 per box of 50 x 40 boxes = $280

If the person then did something really stupid, lost a finger or an eye, and sued you they might then own your house. If nothing bad happened you would have the $280 but for some period of time be worried about what could happen.

I would take the loss.

VinceU1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Indy
    If you could get a buyer for the 9mm major reloads, maybe you could get something like $7.00 per box of 50 x 40 boxes = $280

If the person then did something really stupid, lost a finger or an eye, and sued you they might then own your house. If nothing bad happened you would have the $280 but for some period of time be worried about what could happen.

I would take the loss.

Yes, this is the thing that worries me about selling the ammo. I'm afraid someone would run this through a plastic gun (Glock, M&P or XD) and blow the thing up. I guess I'll take the time and tear it down so nobody gets hurt shooting this in a gun that's not designed for these pressure levels. Sigh, guess I'm getting lazy in my old, blind age!

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Yes, this is the thing that worries me about selling the ammo. I'm afraid someone would run this through a plastic gun (Glock, M&P or XD) and blow the thing up. I guess I'll take the time and tear it down so nobody gets hurt shooting this in a gun that's not designed for these pressure levels. Sigh, guess I'm getting lazy in my old, blind age!
    Have you thought about asking the people you used to compete against if any of them have an interest?

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Have you thought about asking the people you used to compete against if any of them have an interest?

Hands down the most viable suggestion.
    He'd know these guys personally, and they'd understand that the loads are intended for strong, fully ramped and supported chamber guns.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    1st, are you sure your eyes are going bad, and it's not just an issue with a dead battery in the scope?:lmfao:
    Sorry to hear when folks can't compete any more.

What at about the person you sold the gun to? They didn't want some loaded ammo to go with it?

as far as pulling it, do it the same way you'd eat an elephant, a little at a time. 100 rounds every couple nights and soon you'll have the components to sell...

if all else fails you could maybe drop off with local PD for disposal (just make clear it could wreck their guns if they try to "dispose" of it by adding to their training stockpile...)

probably why he's here, most IPSC guys in the state will at least peek in here...

Disassemble 38sc? do you mean 38 short colt ?

38 super comp

-rvb

Last edited:
    Top Bottom