• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kennedy759

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    New Salisbury Ind
    gave my son in law, now ex, a h&r single barrel shotgun, after the divorce I get it back and he had cut the barrel down to 19 inches, its a model 1908, what can I do with it now?

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Make sure the end of the barrel is even (?), clean it up, put a bead on it and use it as a cheap home defense or truck gun. Like roscott said it could’ve been cut shorter and this be illegal.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Keep it and toss it in the truck or under the bed.

I have a NEF single shot cut down to 18” with the bead sight replaced and sling studs. With a 5 shell butt cuff it is a great truck gun. It patterns reduced recoil flight control like a champ. If you can find the prairie storm 6 shot that uses the flight control wad it can even be pressed into a role as an emergency critter getter. Figuring out where slugs hit with the short barrel and bead sight would require a bit of practice.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    My buddy had got 2 16ga single shots that was his grandpas. He cut 1 down like the op said. For the f4ont sight, he got 1 of those true glow optic tube looking barrel clip on shotgun sights. I think it was epoxy used to solid mount it. I used that shotgun a time or 2 for squirrel hunting before i got my marlin 60. It worked just fine at taking squirrels from the trees. Been some years ago and i don't remember what shot number we used.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Not ruined, IMHO, but more versatile. Except for being a 16 ga., That's unfortunate.

The only problem with 16 gauge is the availability and selection of ammunition. Otherwise they tend to pattern quite well. A short single shot 16 would make a great little utility gun.

Reactions: Leo
    Top Bottom