• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I had read in one article that the weapon used was possibly a .223 caliber, but they could not confirm it. However, at this point I wouldn't assume anything even though I think it was just wishful reporting on their part to further push their agenda.
    You just have to love this kind of reporting. It's like a weather forecast, "It may rain, then again it may not."

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I’m all aboard the “let’s look at mental health,” train. I won’t say exactly what I do now, but I’m still in the “business” and run across people with mental health issues fairly regularly. There are a lot of people that honestly need to be institutionalized.... and I mean a HELL of a lot. The problem is what would the criteria be, and who would be making those decisions.
    My guess is that institutionalization the truly unstable would be self-limiting in that it requires money, not just arbitrarily declaring people second-class citizens.

It is compatible with my general belief that no one roaming free should be deprived of any rights.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    In this we get Sooooooooo many reports on his posts and when I take my volunteer time to go and look nothing is out of line except someone is totally off the rails butthurt from being disagreed with and it is a waste of my time.

Do I agree with his stance.....not on a lot of his opinions but except for a few that are right on the line and pushing the Troll alert I see no issues. Seriously peoples we do read most of his stuff as I know 1 or more of you are going to slam the repot box and pretty much ruin my morning. Ignore him if you don't like him. His voting choices **** me right the hell off ad the way he defends these choices are championship level twist and divert. JMHO of course but in all of this he will stand his ground and remain mainly civil about it. When several of you all are just childish.
    Stop wasting my time.
    Seriously people reported Kut for posting his ideals. I actually enjoy the jousting that Kut gives this forum. I disagree with Kut a lot but I have agreed with him I believe at least once maybe more.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    A couple of hundred years ago 19 was a husband, a father, and an adult. You get what you raise...
    It is all a testimony to the overwhelming success the founders created that our society is so wealthy that parents are far more concerned with their children's childhood rather than preparation for a successful adult life.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I was once 19, so was you, so was all of us.

So my question is, since he was just a kid of 19, does that mean that the requirements to join the US Military should be raised from 18 (17 with parent signature) to 21 years of age?

Also should all things requiring a minimum age of 18 be raised?

The question at hand was his mental state. He should not have had the ability to purchase a firearm,
    Some kids are grown up at 12 and others it may take 40 years.

It all depends on how they were raised and how active their parents were in their rearing.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    In this we get Sooooooooo many reports on his posts and when I take my volunteer time to go and look nothing is out of line except someone is totally off the rails butthurt from being disagreed with and it is a waste of my time.

Do I agree with his stance.....not on a lot of his opinions but except for a few that are right on the line and pushing the Troll alert I see no issues. Seriously peoples we do read most of his stuff as I know 1 or more of you are going to slam the repot box and pretty much ruin my morning. Ignore him if you don't like him. His voting choices **** me right the hell off ad the way he defends these choices are championship level twist and divert. JMHO of course but in all of this he will stand his ground and remain mainly civil about it. When several of you all are just childish.
    Stop wasting my time.
    Damn you're being hard-nosed! You mean you really expect us to be more mature than your granddaughters? :):

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Some kids are grown up at 12 and others it may take 40 years.

It all depends on how they were raised and how active their parents were in their rearing.
    Good point.

For everyone else, I will emphasize that this has in common with my issues with the pressure cooker environments that are increasingly common that it is an effort to explain what happened, NOT an effort to justify it or excuse the perpetrator from responsibility.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

That I agree with 100% in his case lack of parental guidance. Or lack of proper parental guidance.

My grandmother had a paddle that read "Board of Education" she would apply it to any grandchildren including me :( without hesitation. Grandmother raised 18 children she has 94 grandchildren and I've lost count of Great and now great great grandchildren. Somehow I ended up with Grandmother's paddle after she passed away. I've hung it on the wall it never got used because I was afraid it might get broken (sentimental reasons). She had it for as long as I could remember. My mother was a chip off the old block and that rubbed off on me. I'm just glad my children weren't as bad as I was.... maybe because I nipped a lot in the bud before it became an issue because I've already been there done that. I was accused of being a mind reader by my children.

Proper parental guidance is needed above all in this country at this time. There is a huge lack of it.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    My guess is that institutionalization the truly unstable would be self-limiting in that it requires money, not just arbitrarily declaring people second-class citizens.

It is compatible with my general belief that no one roaming free should be deprived of any rights.
    And, we have to be careful about making the unverified claim that there are a "whole lot" of people who should be institutionalized...it`s easy to make baseless claims, just watch the left do it every day. It`s a common event for them to claim that everyone who disagrees with their agenda is a "right-wing kook", and they`d be more than happy to say we all ought to be institutionalized. As the fake news media would say, That is a "chilling" prospect.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    And, we have to be careful about making the unverified claim that there are a "whole lot" of people who should be institutionalized...it`s easy to make baseless claims, just watch the left do it every day. It`s a common event for them to claim that everyone who disagrees with their agenda is a "right-wing kook", and they`d be more than happy to say we all ought to be institutionalized. As the fake news media would say, That is a "chilling" prospect.
    You're right. I have to admit that one of my weaknesses in thought exercises like this is that while I correctly understand the useful purpose the state hospitals served in their day (dark corners notwithstanding), they also were rarely politically weaponized, or if they were it was on an individual basis, like a judge back when who had his wife committed when she became too difficult about his cheating. She miraculously recovered when he died. So, yes, even back then thrre were issues, but nothing like attacking everyone to the right of Fidel Castro.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    You're right. I have to admit that one of my weaknesses in thought exercises like this is that while I correctly understand the useful purpose the state hospitals served in their day (dark corners notwithstanding), they also were rarely politically weaponized, or if they were it was on an individual basis, like a judge back when who had his wife committed when she became too difficult about his cheating. She miraculously recovered when he died. So, yes, even back then thrre were issues, but nothing like attacking everyone to the right of Fidel Castro.
    I think probably we all do it, or are capable of it. I try to do self-checks to remind myself what`s reasonable and what`s over the top.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I think probably we all do it, or are capable of it. I try to do self-checks to remind myself what`s reasonable and what`s over the top.
    For me, it is a matter of outdated paradigms. While I am well aware of this, I still fall into the trap sometimes.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    OK, you don't get to drop this in here and walk off. Who is doing the screenshots and posting them on another forum? As far as I know, that's not against the "rules" but it is kind of slimy and underhanded.
    Yeah, that’s pretty crappy. But I’m curious, who is stalking whomever that member is, to know? I’ve been doxxed, stalked, even had my employer contacted due to INGO (hence why I’ll never tell where I work again). Me personally, I’m not that curious to go chasing behind people in other places.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That I agree with 100% in his case lack of parental guidance. Or lack of proper parental guidance.

My grandmother had a paddle that read "Board of Education" she would apply it to any grandchildren including me :( without hesitation. Grandmother raised 18 children she has 94 grandchildren and I've lost count of Great and now great great grandchildren. Somehow I ended up with Grandmother's paddle after she passed away. I've hung it on the wall it never got used because I was afraid it might get broken (sentimental reasons). She had it for as long as I could remember. My mother was a chip off the old block and that rubbed off on me. I'm just glad my children weren't as bad as I was.... maybe because I nipped a lot in the bud before it became an issue because I've already been there done that. I was accused of being a mind reader by my children.

Proper parental guidance is needed above all in this country at this time. There is a huge lack of it.
    Paddle? Heck that was a school thing. I got beat with whatever was within arms reach.
    In no particular order:
    Belt
    House shoe
    Switch
    Dishrag
    Hot Wheels track
    Hand
    Wooden spoon
    Fly swatter

So as much as some of you don’t like me, I think between the ages of 3 to 15, my parents, and various assortment or relatives, disliked me more.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    OK, you don't get to drop this in here and walk off. Who is doing the screenshots and posting them on another forum? As far as I know, that's not against the "rules" but it is kind of slimy and underhanded.
    And I think if someone is aware of ti happening with any degree of regularity as the OP intimated, we deserve to know who is doing it.
    Absolutely!

If INGO posts are being quoted elsewhere on the web, we should all be informed, with details and links for followup.

We need to know to evaluate whether our words are quoted correctly, in full, and or in context.

It makes one suspect what the motives are of the cross poster? :scratch:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Absolutely!

If INGO posts are being quoted elsewhere on the web, we should all be informed, with details and links for followup.

We need to know to evaluate whether our words are quoted correctly, in full, and or in context.

It makes one suspect what the motives are of the cross poster? :scratch:
    I've ran across links to INGO on other sites and usually they are links for people to get say more information on a certain topic etc, it gets down to as you say the motives. Are links posted as a means of linking information or are they posted somewhere to make of fun of the lowly uneducated 'redneck rubes' on a gun forum?

Top Bottom